Chapter 15

As an when you were a kid you had certain things you knew would happen in the future. Certain things you wish you didn't go through and there are certain things you wish you would again. A certain part of life that seems stressful but the most helpful for a kid is during exams. You know its torture during the difficult parts but it sails smoothly later when you finally get the fruits of what you wrote.

And why am I blabbering about this now? That's because for Jimin and rest of the group the situation feels eerily similar to that of a kid during exams. All of them in pin-drop silence, awaiting for results, that is Jungkook's reaction.

"What are you guys talking about? Is there something you all are hiding from me?" Jungkook questioned scrutinizingly. All of them were still processing what was happening and hence couldn't answer the question.

" I think I asked everyone over here a question." he said menacingly. His pupils turning darker when he looked at Jimin. " Baby, are you all hiding something from me?"

In Jimin's mind, the only thing that was playing wasn't how to answer the question. It was that that wasn't his Jungkook. The Jungkook that smiles when Jimin fumbles a task, who always wears Jimin's deo instead of his because he wants to smell like him, who waits for him in the office so that they reach home together and have food or even the Jungkook who calls him baby lovingly. This was the same Jungkook who acts like a ruthless boss in front of his employees, the same who makes every client of his shit in their pants, the only one who is capable of making other heads bow down due to his threatening aura.

This Jungkook will never be his.

" Kook, we weren't talking about anything special, it was just nonsense." Jimin tried to keep his face stoic, devoid of any emotions so that Jungkook doesn't catch on his lie.

"BULLSHIT. I TOLD YOU BEFORE THAT THERE ARE WEIRD THINGS HAPPENING AND YOU BRUSHED IT OFF." Jungkook looked at Hoseok, " You knew something was wrong. I told you everything about it. I FUCKING TRUSTED YOU."

"I FUCKING TRUSTED ALL OF YOU!" just then Namjoon picked up Ara and took her to Jimin and Jungkook's bedroom to make her sleep.

When he came back he saw Jungkook looking at him with tears in his eyes. He knew they had fucked up. He was eating his words. He shouldn't have said anything then maybe all of it would be alright but he just had to speak.

"Namjoon hyung, please you have to tell me what's happening." the look in Jungkook's eyes made Namjoon want to look away. He nodded his head because he knew they all couldn't lie to him anymore. " We will tell you everything. We will all tell you. But first I need you to sit down and drink some water because you are hyperventilating. Once you sit I need you to take a deep breath and calm down."

Jungkook purely nodded and did everything as Namjoon told him. He did it because he wanted the truth . Once they all settled in Namjoon spoke up, " You and Jimin knew each other. You guys knew each other a long time ago. We all know him. This isn't the first time we all are meeting him because the first time we actually met him was through you only." Namjoon said with a calm tone

Jungkook was looking at Jimin, who was sitting with his hand rested on his knees and palms covering his face. He was crying already reminiscing about the past . When Namjoon saw the scene unfold he decided it wasn't his story to tell. So he said, " Chim, I think you should continue the story. finally its yours to tell."

Jimin nodded and calmed himself down and spoke up, " We knew each other when we were 16. I was in the same college as you all. But I was a new student who had just moved to town. I only had clue about who Tae was and that was it. Once when I was walking with Tae to go to my class, you came near me and asked me who I was because we were in the same class together. And that's when our journey began."

" From strangers to best friends and from best friends to finally the day you asked me to be your boyfriend and of course I said yes. Both of us had turned 18 that year and we decided it was finally time I meet your family. There were a lot of issues with your family and I remember you saying 'the only people I consider my family now are my friends. Would you like to meet them?' . Who was I to say no? "

" Things were going very well till then. We had moved in together, you were an entertainment major and I was a medical student but the one class surprisingly we had together had brought us closer. Until, one night when I got a letter from the university of Brown. I had just got a full paid scholarship in my favourite field of study. You were the happiest for me and I remember us spending our last days together in town doing everything we usually would do." Jimin's smile slowly faltered "When I left for US, we had made a promise to each other to talk everyday. And we did. For a few weeks. After that I started getting no calls from you, I was getting no replies for my text and when I called, your service was unreachable."

" I was a medical student on scholarship, I couldn't leave in between my first academic year. I wasn't allowed to. When I had come back to Busan, I went to your house the moment I kept my luggage down only to find out you weren't in Busan anymore. Nobody knew where you went. I had no idea where any of you all were, except Hoseok who stayed without fail. " Everyone kept their heads low.

" Slowly I had given all hope of ever finding you, tried to move on with my life and decided to forget that we were ever a thing. After all we had dated for 3 years, it didn't come so easy that I had to forget you. It took me a new job, a change of city and dates with 4 men to find out that you wouldn't be erased from my brain just like that and I decided to give my all to my work. Just when I had decided there would be nothing between us again," Jimin started smiling again " you just popped on my door, no prior information whatsoever and I was so shocked and happy. I thought it was finally time you come to me and you," Jimin started glaring at Jungkook " had forgotten me. Had forgotten everything we had. I knew I shouldn't push anything so I treated you the way I would a stranger and that's when you dumb person started becoming more then what I had wished for, and I wasn't complaining." he finally smiled and looked at Jungkook for his reaction

What would the poor guy even say? His entire life has practically been a lie. Everything he had done in the past 4 year was based on a lie built when he had come to Seoul. He just stood up and left the room. Jimin ran behind him but all Jungkook did was ask him to not follow and give him some space.

" I think I need some time Jimin. Not just Jimin, all of you as well. I am leaving, please don't follow me and I would really appreciate it if you guys text me when necessary.

And he left...

AUTHORS POV:

OOOF... This was a hard chapter to write. Not just because of the emotions but also because of the amount of stuff there had to be written.

Vote please!