Fool.

She sat at her desk, clicking her pen.
She wanted to make something, anything- even though she wasn't exactly sure of what.

She couldn't focus. It wasn't just because of the bustling streets, right outside her window.
Her mind wasn't even racing, there were no thoughts that piled up, the ones that seemingly talk over each other at the same time.
There was nothing.
She couldn't get herself to think.

The only thing going on in her head- was a faint sound of a familiar melody. She wanted to capture it.

"Psst.."

She jumped and immediately turned her head. She stared for a few seconds before letting out a sigh.

"I must be losing my head."

"Josephine! Where's my purse, I'm gonna be late!" A woman's voice echoed from the other room.

"I don't know!" Josephine snapped.

"Come here!" The woman remarked.

Josephine sat up from her desk, and left the room annoyed. She walked downstairs, to see her mother rummaging around.

"Are you sure you didn't touch it?"

"No, mother. I hadn't seen it at all."

The mother paused, looking up at Josephine on the stairway.

"Why are you talking like that? It's not cute. Help me look."

"I'm not certain of what you mean, mother."

"Since when do you speak like you're from England?" The woman remarked.

Josephine ignored the comment, and pointed towards the floor by the doorway. "Your bag."

The woman scoffed, grabbing her purse and pacing out the doorway, without saying a word.

Josephine turned to walk back upstairs.

"Psst."

She stopped in her tracks, and stood for a few seconds, before choosing to ignore it.
She walked back to her room.

"Insane, I'm going insane. No. I'm fine." She mumbled to herself.
She examined her room in attempt to direct her attention elsewhere.

Her room was quite small.
Her bed took up half her room in the corner. She could only manage to fit a desk at the other end of the room, with a small window next to it.
Although her room was on the third floor, it was still quite loud from the bustling, noisy streets. She felt that it needed more personality.

She sat at her desk, clicking her pen once again.

"Pssst."

She turned her head, and saw a boy, standing before her. Tall, with brown fluffy hair, eyes resembling that of honey.

"Do you want to get out of here?" He asked.

Josephine only thought for a second before taking his hand. She wasn't sure exactly what was happening.

He pulled her towards the window, and jumped out, grasping her hand tightly. Except, they weren't falling. They were walking. On nothing.

"Where might we be going?" Josephine asked.

"I don't know. Wherever you'd like, I couldn't care less."

"Paris. I want to go to Paris."

The boy glanced at her and nodded, letting out a grin.

"Any particular reason? Do you like Paris?" He questioned.

"No. It's just the first thing that came to mind. Plus I like it enough. Seems romantic." She replied.

"Romantic? Are you chasing love?" He remarked, chuckling.

"No. I chase freedom. And I suppose love can be a form of freedom, depending on how you view it." She said.

"Freedom. I like that. I feel trapped sometimes, it seems like a nice thing." The boy remarked.

Josephine looked at him, not saying anything. She looked around at her sad city.

"Can we leave now? This place is making me feel sick." She said.

"Oh, right- of course. Paris it is, love." He said.

"Love?" She scoffed.

"What else am I supposed to call you, Josie?"

"Well, it appears you already know my name."

"I like 'love' better." He replied.

"Well you could at least tell me yours, you fool."

"I haven't already?" He shook his head.

Josephine stared impatiently, waiting for an answer.

He sighed.
"Valentine, at your service."

"At my service? I don't need you."

"Well, I could drop you off and leave you here- if you really want me to." He said smugly.

Josephine stared, unimpressed. "Maybe I'd rather you did." She scoffed.

"I can't see you right now, but I can feel your eyes on me. Can't get enough of me?" He remarked with his back turned, glancing at Josephine for a moment.

"Are we walking or talking?" She flicked him.

He rubbed his head and continued; "Why not both? You know, theres a saying-"

"Who doesn't know that saying, Valentine?" She remarked.

"Geez, so violent..-" He paused.
"I'm beginning to think you don't like me, Josie." He joked.

"Don't worry Valentine, I suppose you're tolerable. But you're also an utter stranger." She said.

He smiled, taking it as a compliment and ignoring the other comment.
"I guess- in other words- that means you like me just enough to be around me?"

"Sure." Josephine replied, letting out a small sigh.

"I'll be happy with that then." Valentine said.