The Unknown (Short Chapter)

The dazzling and soft glow of the moon reached its ever longing grasp onto the rough terrain this peaceful night.

Seemingly within a mountainous area with a rough and ragged terrain. One where a single wrong move would be the end of your typical human.

However, if one stood at the bottom of the mountain, they would be unable to notice the shadowy figure that sat atop the peak of the mountain. Seemingly unconcerned with his current location.

The figure themself was quite tall, but no other details than that could be answered at our current moment.

The mysterious shadowy individuals frame seemed to tilt slightly upwards. Its gaze directed at the dazzling moon.

"The Moon sure is a sight to behold. A calming one as well." The figure spoke in a soft and pleasant tone. Its voice feminine. That was another detail we could finally make out of them.

Suddenly, the figure froze in an instant. All movement stopped where one would mistake it for a statue.

But then they let out a light sigh.

Not one of relief. But one of annoyance.

"Damn, I told him to use it wisely. Or did I? I cannot remember but it was something along those lines." The mysterious shadowy woman said.

By the context of her speech, it would seem something unfortunate has occurred. Yet she seemed unperturbed due to her tone of voice.

Just what had transpired?

The woman released another sigh. This time it was one of relief. Now like a weight has been lifted off her shoulders.

"Its better this way, Clayman was better off dead anyways. He would have been a hindrance if I'm honest." The person spoke sounding highly uncaring.

"If I am to complete my goal, I need absolute loyalty from those clowns. Claymans death will surely affect them and motivate them more. Perhaps even wanting revenge."

As the moonlight began to slightly move over towards the shadowy woman, we could see her lips.

She was smirking.

"If my goals are to be completed, this will surely help." The woman spoke, her smirk never once fading from her face.

"But I cant let them know that. Might lead to them betraying me." The shadowy woman proceeded to turn her gaze back towards the moon. Taking in this breathtaking sight once more.

"Now. Its your turn.... Rimuru Tempest." Finally their smirk faded. Awaiting this adversary's next move. Treating this reality like a game of chess. And everyone is her chess piece in this game with that Rimuru is unknowingly apart of.