babytop

Kentrell's POV:

I returned home after being out all day. I wasn't doing anything; I just felt like spending the day enjoying the sun and cool air on my skin. But I was tired now, so I wanted to unwind and sleep. I used the back entrance to enter the house, which allowed me to bypass the living room and kitchen area unnoticed.

I opened my room door, turned the light on a low light setting, and headed into the closet. I bought myself a full-length robe a couple of weeks back, and I'm glad I did because it came in handy for days like this. I dawned on it as I went to bed and laid back on it. I allowed the tired feeling to wash over me as I relaxed.

This relaxation lasted a bit before I felt something on my shoulder. As I slowly looked towards the feeling, I saw a hand, a dainty one. I grabbed it and sat up, pulling it a bit as I turned to face where the hand was coming from.

"I'm sorry." She had stood up at this point because of how strongly I pulled her hand towards me. Now, she was standing in front of me, hugging me as she began to cry.

~

We had been standing there silently as she cried into my chest. I was getting ready to hold her close when I heard a bit of commotion coming from the front of the house.

I gently pushed her head off my chest, briefly checking her face and body before I gently grabbed her hands and led her toward the commotion, making sure to keep her behind me.

As we came to the front of the house, I could hear two distinct voices, and as we kept walking forward, Ben came into view. I could listen to him trying to calm whoever he was talking down.

"Ben, I know she's here. Now tell me where!"

I stopped momentarily as I looked over at where I had left her waiting, and she had fallen asleep against the patio door, completely missing the argument.

I grabbed her arm, this time walking her toward the two,

"Are you looking for her?"

I asked as I walked down the stairs with her tightly in my grip.

Both men turned around to face the man; one man lightly jogged over to him, passing him and going around him, holding the crying girl behind her. He held her before cupping her face and wiping her tears,
"What's ya name?" He glanced at the man next to her, "Kentrell."
He nodded, focusing back on her.
"You ready to go home?" She nodded, hiccupping lightly, " But I wanted to be here with him, please, Joe?" The man was shocked that he never heard her call him Joe.

The three men in the living room were all quiet as they stared at the silent woman, "Kentrell?" he heard her call his name; she had made her way to him, pulling his shirt lightly, sliding her arm around him, his jacket covering the two of them as they embraced. She looked up at him, slightly shorter than him, coming almost eye level to him; she kissed him openly on his mouth. Putting her tongue into his mouth. "Bye."

She let go of him once she realized he wasn't going with her and Joseph. He did kiss her back, though, so she would keep that memory close to her heart. She allowed Joseph to pull her to the front door, "That's why ya ass pregnant now."

The rest of the conversation was interrupted by the door closing behind the two.

Ben didn't even waste time saying she would be back because he knew that "bye" was definitive, but he couldn't bear the sad face of his friend hearing that from him.