The Final Journey

Once, Twice, Tens of thousands of times. The Tarnished warrior had restarted his journey countless times, and after finally completing a final time he sat on the throne he had already claimed before. 

"My Lord, the Capital still has much work to be done within, and we will need your help in clearing all of the ash. The Erdtrees' revival has already cleared most of it, but certain areas remained buried." 

The Tarnished looked tiredly at the person who was briefing him. Nepheli Loux, a warrior crowned as Lord over all of Limgrave, one of his most trusted comrades, and in a few timelines, lover. 

"The witch, Sellen, informed us you'd be able to help fix that?" Nepheli crossed her arms, and raised her brow waiting for a response. The Tarnished just nodded, and got up from his throne to go clear the ash, and his head. 

Nepheli watched after him, sighing and heading off to see if there were any areas of the Capital the Lord of Limgrave could possibly assist in. 

The Tarnished walked through the newly rebuilt streets of his city, citizens that once were trying to kill him now greeting him and smiling. He smiled back of course, but deep down memories of daggers being embedded in his back were comically flashing through his mind. 

He hadn't give it much thought, but he was sort of destined to be Elden Lord. No, not sort of. He was entirely. Through guidance of grace he had died time, and time again. So much so, that after finally completing his destiny, he had stolen it entirely allowing him to send himself back in the state of a Lord when at that period of time he was just a lowly Tarnished. 

He almost laughed at the thought, as the ground beneath his feet began to become softer and buildings simply scattered bricks. He continued to ponder all that he had been through even now as the voices of shouting workers shoveling away at all the ash desperately searched for sewer vents.

A place where he noticed that all the unwanted things were cast. He himself already knew where they were all placed, and he knew very well that there was no draining all the ash of the Erdtree with just those alone, so he'd have to make a bigger one.

He pulled out a hammer, a very broken hammer splintered with runes at first glance, but if you got anywhere near it as a mortal you'd feel the pit rapidly expand in your stomach as you felt the power that could come from it being wielded.

How many times had he fought Radagon now? Maybe a hundred thousand times by now? The bastard always proved to be much stronger every time he started a new journey, and he hated it. The attack patterns he had memorized being disrupted by something completely new every single fight. 

He fondly remembered their encounter a few weeks ago, in which dodging a spear of holy resulted in being face palmed and slammed off the platform they fought on. Straight into the deep empty abyss of the Erdtree Roots. 

Seeing Godwyns' deformed figure was not an easy sight before death. That grab from Radagon had to be the past memories of the bastard following along with him to make it harder to kill the Lord this time. 

All of that, just to become a sword for a monster Zero barely even began to understand in ways. The Elden Beast, as Sellen began to call it. His mentor was eccentric, but she was masterful at naming his foes he had no idea how to identify. 

He shook those thoughts away, and focused more on the entire part of his Kingdom he was about to rid himself of. Now, he had absentmindedly wandered his way straight to where he wanted to be. The center of the ash and where his last "Site of Grace", named by Sellen, was located. 

He figured sinking this area was a good way to clear most of the ash, so he pulled out his trusty bell he hadn't let once leave his sight and rung it.

Instantly the sounds of a spirit being summoned appeared behind him. He turned to face his most loyal companion throughout all the lands between and the only person that had ever retained their memories from his "resets".