Volume 1. Chapter 5

Meanwhile, Redwood is at the docks; he has already completed his paperwork for the day an hour earlier than anticipated, so he decided on roaming around the port until sundown, visiting places he is not able to and helping out on various task- the ones he is able to do of course.

And he is about done helping in managing the supplies that recently arrived on the base. "That was much easier than expected." The dock manager commented.

Redwood chuckles, "no worries, I only offered a helping hand in unloading the cargo."

The dock manager nods before heading back to his duty. A chilly wind suddenly blows past, despite the fireball still flying way above his heads, the northern hemisphere is still a cold place to be in.

His head tilts up to view the bright yellow ball above, but it forces his hand to block the soft glare of the sun. Redwood smiles, waiting there for a moment before deciding to head back inside or find his personal fleet to check up on.

His walk on the way to his desired destination is nearly uneventful, encountering some of the Kansens that are roaming the base aimlessly, and bumping into base personnel who are heading to their own destinations. He is only within this base for two to three day, and he has seen how lively the base can be.

Upon reaching the doors of the building, he is meet with a familiar face.

"Commander!" HMS Hero of the H-class destroyers shouted in Glee, as if excited to see the commanding officer of the fleet she belongs too.

Hero proceeds to slam herself onto Redwood with force, knocking him to the floor. Behind the destroyer is HMS Argus, who just arrived with heavy breathing.

"You shouldn't rush off like that!" The carrier huffed, trying to regain her composer after a hard and sudden run.

"Commander! Let's eat!" Hero suddenly pulls on Redwood's sleeve, forcing him to move along with the destroyer away from the doors and towards the cafeteria.

"H-hey! Hero!" Argus soon follows, still exhausted.

1800 hours, Redwood's quarters.

Redwood let out a huff as his behind lands on the bed. 'a long day comes to and end with nothing out of the ordinary.' His eyes unconsciously falls to his hands on his lap.

'It hasn't been a week and things are already speeding up.' His mind suddenly goes to HMS Queen Elizabeth, the battleship who gave him the biggest fright of his life. Yet she...

A memory of when Elizabeth went to the commanders office suddenly surface it's self.

"You may have done well on the first few days but now things will get hard." Her confident voice, the solid stature she holds. It was something he noticed about the blonde.

Admiration. All he could feel when he ever thinks of the blonde was admiration, everything she does, she does without doubt or hesitation.

"And as such! I will take it upon myself to effectively guide you!" Her words echoes within his mind, the feeling behind those word were of sincere and confidence.

A small smile formed on his face, "Don't worry father, I will do my best."

0600 hours, Commanders office.

Redwood stared at the newly arrived Elizabeth, her hair was complete mess, her miniature crown was missing, eyes halfway open, and she is still in her pajamas.

"Your majesty...? Are you still asleep...?" He ask hesitantly.

Elizabeth nodded silently, giving out a cute little yawn, before creeping her way to his desk, like her body is automating her movements, seeking a place to rest, despite her half conscious state.

"Your majesty...?!" Redwood again asks, his brain trying to order his body to move, but none of it's calls where acknowledged.

Now Elizabeth was right in front of his desk, his body tense as he observe the half asleep blonde. She stood still, despite her sleepy state, her form didn't drop nor did it wobble.

Then, before anything else happens, Belfast blown the doors wide open, rushing into the room and tackling the midget into a tight protective embrace.

"Sorry, Acting Commander Redwood, sometimes her majesty wishes for comfort from someone she hold dear." Belfast quickly explained as more royal maids rush into the room.

"Throughly noted." Redwood simply stated, his state of urgency still running through his veins.

Belfast nodded, handing Elizabeth to the other maids, "and if she comes over in this state again, please don't hesitate to call for us." Redwood nodded in acknowledgement.

The other maids quickly rush Elizabeth out, followed by Belfast. But she then stops at the door, "I do hope that when this happens again, you should know what not to do." With that, she hastily followed the others out and deeper into the building.

But one stayed, albeit irritated, "Acting Commander, the doors to the room with be fixed soon, please bare this scene for long as it takes, and..." Sheffield hesitated spouting the next few words.

Redwood nodded, knowing what she was about to say. "It's alright, HMS Sheffield, thank you for the notice, please rush to her majesty, she needs all of you-" but the said maid dismissed his request immediately.

"Acting Commander, I am the assigned assistant to you, I cannot leave you as per regulations." Sheffield barked lightly, her irritation not lowering anytime soon.

Redwood only sighed before letting the maid do her thing within the room, "Alright, but if anything urgent arises with her majesty, please prioritize her." He spoke with concern.

Sheffield was taken a back by his concerns, normally, some commanders assigned to them where perverted and had a lot of pent up lust, and are rarely sorry for their victims, which were all Kansens.

And while some are nicer, and respectful, but are few and far in-between, and they themselves couldn't do anything to help them. And of them are just closet perverts.

Which lead to many Kansens going mental and with some trying to leave via any means possible, defections, transferring to another base, or other more destroctive means. But fortunately, these are few. While those that transferred never came back.

And to Sheffield, Redwood caring for Elizabeth was surprised, but it was a surprise only welcomed by few, she cannot afford to trust him, not when her friends sanity is on the line.

But, him accepting that she will need to rush to her majesty's side if she is needed gave him little appreciation. At least he is willing to let her do her duty. Peacefully that is.

Sheffield let out a small sigh before continuing on with whatever she was doing. Meanwhile, Redwood was flipping through the papers, letting the silence take the room so he can continue to process the events these past days.

To be Continued*