Café Meet-up - Pierre Gasly

You are sitting in the corner of your favorite café. You come here somewhat every day. You found this café when you had a bad day and were strolling around the streets of Milan. Tears were threatening to spill from your eyes. You just had a heavy fight with your best friend and on top of that, you heard your contract at work would not be extended, so you needed to search for another job too. Eventually, you came across a cute and small café and decided to clear your head there with a cup of coffee. And since that day, you come here almost every day.

On a Thursday morning, you once again decide to go to your favorite café. You have had a few busy days, and you don't have many ideas to draw. So, in the hope you will get some ideas and inspiration, you make your way to the café and order your usual coffee, an espresso. Simple, but so are you. You greet the employees and make small talk with them. You are a known customer and you like to talk to the people who work there. You even spoke with one of them outside of the café when she wasn't working.

''The usual?''

You nod at her, sit down at your favorite spot and look outside. From here, you can see the people walking through the streets, each of them having their own story. And that is when you get new inspiration. You thank the girl for your coffee and start drawing. You are so in your own world that you don't see a man with brown hair and gray eyes walking into the café. He has been here a few times and likes the vibe and the coffee. He usually orders a coffee to go, and he intends to do the same today when his eyes fall on you. He sees you sitting in the corner, drawing and being in your own world. He finds it nice and cute to see how people can go to a café and just be in their own world, doing their own thing. But there is something about you that he wants to meet you and get to know you. Maybe it is because you are drawing and he can see the passion, or maybe he thinks you are pretty. Either way, he wants to get to know you. He orders his usual coffee and gathers his courage to ask if he can join you at the table. The closer he gets, the prettier he thinks you are.

You, deep into your drawing, feel the need to look up and are met with beautiful gray eyes from a pretty young man. He is walking over to you, you notice. You smile shyly to the man, who returns the smile.

''Hi, mind if I join you?'' he asks you.

Your heart skips a beat, but you maintain your composure. "Not at all" you reply, gesturing to the empty seat opposite you. So the man sits down and sets his coffee on the table, looking outside the window. You get back to your drawing but can't help but look at the man from the side of your eyes. He is a pretty handsome young man. When his eyes go from the window to you, you act as if you are busy with your drawing, but keep making glances over to him. The man notices the glances you make and can't help but smile. After a few minutes of collecting his thoughts, his gaze goes from the window to you and your art. Although he can't see it quite clearly, he is admiring it.

''Sorry, I don't want to interrupt, but I can't help but admire your artwork. Can I take a look? Only if you want, of course.''

You look up and are once again met with his gray eyes. You see a light blush on his cheeks and you figure it is because he is afraid you would say no and is interrupting you. But you don't mind. You like to share your artwork with other people and share your story and your opinion.

''It's okay. I needed a break anyway'' you chuckle.

You give him your book and he looks through it, amazed by your drawings. He can really see you have a passion for this. He comes across a drawing of a mother with her child. The child couldn't be much older than six. Their hands are intertwined, and the man melts from the sight of it. The mother looks full of love at her child, while the child is laughing at the mother.

''It is one of my favorites I drew'' you say when you see he is admiring that drawing. He looks up.

''You really drew this?'' he asks in disbelief.

You nod and chuckle. ''Yeah. I sat here and saw them walking by. It gave me the idea to draw this. I loved the sight of it and it made me smile to see them having fun together.''

''You really did a good job with the details and expressing their feelings. You can see how much love the mother has for her child.''

You smile and thank him for the compliment. You didn't think you would have a conversation with a stranger, but here you are. You don't even know each others names.

''I'm Pierre, by the way,'' he suddenly says, as if he is reading your thoughts.

''I'm Y/N.''

You both smile and enjoy each others company. Not caring about the people around you and engrossed in a deep conversation, deepening your connection.

In that corner of that café, the first chapter of your love story began.