𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈

Elijah

The bell rang for the end of the day, not gonna lie I was happy about it.
Spending time with Ellis and Tobias kinda excited me.

Even though I just made up with Tobias, and I've only met Ellis a few days ago. I've never actually had friends, they're kind of my first two friends.

I walk up to the gate to find Ellis already there, leaning against the gate. I watch him look up at me from his phone, and is he sweaty. Some strand of hair stick to his forehead, while others were in the messy ponytail. I felt my heart flutter at the sight, not to mention his hazel eyes that shines in the suns light.

Shit, I new he was hot before, but damn is he fine right now.

"Hey." He said with a smile plastering over his face. He really smiles a lot now that I think about it...

"Hey Ellis. Why are you so sweaty?" I asked.

"Gym, he made us go to the workout room, and said 'who ever lifts the most will get an amazon coupon'. So I had to win, and I did." He whipped out the coupon, which was wrinkled but it was a coupon.

I hm'd with a nonchalant shrug before attempting to walk before realizing I don't know where I was gonna go.

"Follow me." I heard Ellis sneak a laugh when he turned around. Which caused me to roll my eyes.

After a long time of Ellis getting us lost or accidentally making the wrong turn, we finally made it. The house seemed like it was a two story by the size.

I knocked on the door, and not to long after the door was opened. By a girl, who was tall. Very tall. She was surely taller than Ellis who at least stood at 5'7. But she didn't look older than either of us. He had a bruise that looked like it was going down and a cut under her eye.

"Who are you?" She asked, clearly not in a good mood.

"Tobias's friends.. does he live here?" I ask, hoping that we aren't at the wrong house.

She groans before aimlessly shouting,
"Tobias! Your friends are here!" She steps back, so we could walk in before closing the door behind us and leaving us for the upstairs. And we stood waiting for Tobias.

Soon after we had spotted him on the stairs. He was scanning us like he didn't recognize us. After a few seconds his eyes softened and he motioned for us to follow him. And we did, going up the stairs and following him to his room.

He closed his door behind us before turning around. The silence makes me anxious, what's gonna happen?

His body walks over to us before his arms latches on to the both of us. Clinging on tightly. His body slowly sink to the floor and we followed him down.

"... Tell us what happened." Ellis murmur gentle, slightly pulling back from Tobias to look at his face.

His eyes shifted between us, noticing I had also backed away slightly to look at his face. His eyes, which were filled with tears and sorrow. Like he could just break down right here.

He mouthed an 'ok' before sighing.
He had begun to tell us what had happened. How his stepdad was to him, his sister and mom, and how his mom was in a coma. How he'd realized that he was acting just like his stepdad. Not to mention he was living with his aunt who knew about how their stepdad treated them but did nothing about it.

I felt so selfish...

He was going through all this shit and I was just... being so self-centered, only caring about how I was feeling.

We stand right by his side as he explained everything, not interrupting him. But listening to him, and just make sure he was alright.

... In all the years I've known Tobias, I've never seen him like this. Crying. Mental unstable. He's always been, Strong, physically or emotionally.
Thinking emotions were a sign of weakness, but yet, he sits here clinging onto us like a small child in need of protection.

He's definitely changed over these few days.

He grabbed both our hands and I felt him gently caress circles. He lets out a mini sigh, "Don't tell anyone... please."

Definitely

"We promise." Me and Ellis said in unison.

After a few seconds of just taking each other in, and softly smiling before Tobias ruins the moment.

"Why are you so sweaty?" He looks at Ellis.

Ellis looks slightly offended and completely backs away from us. To my dismay.

"...Gym." He simply said.

"Since the sentimental moment is over because of someone..." I stare at Tobias who casually rolls his eyes. "How about we go out?"

The two look at me and their faces slowly turn a shade of red.

Fuck, that sounded like I was asking them out! I feel my heart race and I'm sure I'm about as red as them.

"I-I mean as in, 'hang out', not like... y'know... G-Going on a date..." I bit down on my lip, I definitely made it awkward.

"Good Idea, let's try to take out minds off everything for a while and just calm down. We all have had our fair share of shit these past few days." Ellis huffed out.

I smiled at him, before standing up proudly. "Well then, where should we go?" The other two stand, dusting themselves off aimlessly.

"Maybe a restaurant? Or a fast food place?" Tobias requested. "Not food related." I added with an eye roll and he groaned.

"A Park? With just us three?"

A Park does sound nice, especially with just us. We would have peace and a place to ourselves.

"Yea a Park."

"But I'm fucking hungry!" Tobias complained.

"Just go eat cereal or something." I crossed my arms looking at him. And he huffed before seemingly going with my idea.

"But first go change."

"Alright-"

"Yea, going outside in pajamas isn't hygienic-"

"I'm going damnit!"