Chapter 1: my red string

A/N~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Im not sure if I'm going to be updating often as I'm busy with life and most times I don't have motivation.
However if you see any grammar mistakes or plot problems, you can tell me so I can improve.
I hope you enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In yunmeng

It was a cold autumn morning with birds chirping and the breeze rushing past the buildings. The last leaves of the trees swayed with no care for the world. In Yunmeng, it was another regular morning with young maidens gossiping as they walked and disciples of jiang clan practicing their sword skills, collecting lotus pods and enjoying the cool weather. Except it wasn't, the day was the 31st of October, Wei Wuxain's 16th birthday.

Unlike all his other birthdays, this one was extremely important and a cause for celebration.
His red string of fate will finally appear and he would soon meet his beloved at any given moment . Wei Wuxain was so ecstatic to the point he even woke up around 6am - which is extremely early for him. He jumped out of bed and immediately started getting ready as quick as he could. He started a bath, combed out his hair, tied it up as neatly as he could and put on his best robes. His beauty was unmatched all over the cultivation world, girls and boys alike flocked over him, envied him and admired him.
Wei Ying had a great reputation all over Yunmeng, everyone knew him, not only this he would get free food, gifts and most importantly wine. Oh how Wei Ying loved wine, over the years his tolerance only increased to inhumane levels and he only drank more and more.

As soon as he finished getting ready he ran into the main hall where everyone was preparing for the party, Servants and disciples running about carrying traditional decorations, placing them where they look best. A fragrant smell drifted past Wei Wuxain's nose, what else could it be but his shijie's lotus soup? One of his favourite things in the world, so of course he started following the smell. The closer he walked the stronger the smell, he couldn't wait to get his hands on this delicacy. When he reached the kitchen, he saw Yanli mixing the soup with care, after a while she noticed him and gave a gentle smile.
" A-Xian,You're up early aren't you? Come, I've  made your favourite."
"Shijie! Aiya you didn't have to."
He dashed over and sat down like a five year old child, he sat obediently and waited for his portion.
His smile was bright as he slightly swayed left to right with his legs crossed.
"A-Xian, why aren't you wearing the robes mother prepared for you?"
She chuckled lightly as she poured the flavourful soup into a bowl and passed it to him.
"Chengcheng accidentally got them dirty last night, he's cleaning to apologise to me."
Wei Wuxain giggled as he gladly took the bowl of warm, steaming soup. He sniffed it, a bright and warm smile appeared. Only his Shijie could make him feel so nostalgic and happy about a soup.

BANG! The door flung open as an annoyed and fuming grape appeared infront, who else could it be instead of Jiang Cheng? He was carrying a pair of lavish lilac robes, with embodied lotus flower pattens on it, truly a sight to see.
Wei Wuxain burst out laughing at the scene in front of him.
"Chengcheng isn't too happy about doing chores is he?" Tears appeared at the tips of Wei Yings eyes, he was about to die of laughter.
"DONT call me 'Chengcheng' Wei Wuxain! Here are your robes, and if they get dirty next time I'll throw them out along with you'"
He shouted, his face turning beet red as he tossed the robes at him.
"A-Cheng, be nice to A-Xian, it's his special day today. Come, I've got some soup for you too."
Yanli spoke in a gentle tone with a small smile.

The trio ate while chatting and laughing, in general just enjoying each other's company. Sibling love filled the calm atmosphere as they finished eating.
"A-Xian, let me help you get ready, let's head back to your room. A-Cheng you come too."
Yanli exclaimed as she finished cleaning up the bowls and dishes.
"Dont pout Chengcheng, I know you're worried about me and all, so atleast help me get ready!"
Wei Wuxain teased as he ruffled Jiang Cheng's hair. Making him go bright red again.
"Wei Wuxain! I'm about to-"
"A-Cheng and A-Xian! If you don't want to be late come quickly."
Yanli called since she was already quite a distance away. At the speed of light they rushed over to her side, Wei Ying still grinning at his didi.

When they arrived at Wei Wuxain's chambers, Madam Yu was waiting for them with an angry expression.
"I've been waiting for you Wei Wuxain, why are you so late, huh? Get in here quickly! We need to get you ready. All the clan leaders are going to be here today!  Just for you. Not only this, you're going to be visiting Gusu to meet your soulmate! All the disciples are going to be there and so are you!"
She ranted at him as she pushed him into the room.
The other two follow them in quietly. First, She ordered Wei Ying to take a bath which she added special ointments and lotus fragrance to. A while later Madam Yu and Yanli helped him dress in his elegant robes, there were multiple layers each with thier own beauty, lavish lotus designs, golden rims on the sleeves and neck line, an expensive belt with more gold and a jade ornament hanging from the belt. Next, she pushed him onto a stool and let his long jet black hair down, she gently combed it out and added a jade hair pin to keep it in place.

Saying that he looked stunning was a server understatement by a long shot, he looked out of this world, almost like a god that ascended down from the heavens above. His masculine and feminine features contrasted perfectly. Anyone would envy and admire him.
Yanli was stunned, Jiang cheng was stunned while Madam Yu looked at him with great pride and even motherly love? Only a hint of motherly love, but it was enough for Wei Wuxain to notice.
"My A-Xian is all grown up now."
Jiang Yanli said happily as she adjusted his pin.
"You look okay, I guess."
Jiang Cheng said looking away with a pout.
"Aiya, Chengcheng's sad that I'm growing up! I knew you're worried about me."
Wei Wuxain teased once more as he grinned from ear to ear.

To be continued...

A/N~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hii let me know what you guys thought of the chapter and if any improvements need to be done <3.
Words- 1084 (I think that's good for my first chapter ever!!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~