Chapter 2: My red string (2)

A/N~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll probably post a chapter every 1-2 weeks.
However this chapter is a bit early just to get the story started!!
Enjoy your read!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A Few Hours Later

In the main hall, various decorations were hung up creating an elegant and graceful atmosphere, various members of clans were seated in their respective and assigned seats. Chattering and laughing was heard all around and delicate fragrances filled the air. Purple banners with lotus embeddings hung high on the ceiling beams and pillars and a sense of comfort filled the calm room.
At the very end of the hall, stairs led up to two main seats and three side seats, of course the main ones were for Jiang Fengmian and madam Yu, while the others for Jiang Yanli, Jiang Cheng and most importantly, Wei Wuxian.
Above them was another banner even more exquisite  than the other ones, it had golden rims and even more lotus patterns which were more defined than the others.

As more sect leaders calmed down and sat at their wooden tables, Jiang Fengmian entered gracefully with his hands clasped behind his back. He ascended up the stairs, his lilac robes fluttering slowly with his movements.
"Thank you sect leaders for attending this feast"
He said courteously as he cupped his hands and bowed.
"May we enjoy this event, and celebrate Wei Wuxain's next step in his life, his Red String Of Fate"
Jiang Fengmian sat down as he waited for the rest to enter the hall.
A couple minutes later, Madam Yu entered the hall, she bowed in respect and sat next to her husband, her hair had pins holding it up making her slim face even more defined than before. Following right behind was Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli walking side by side, both of them cupped their hands and bowed. They ascended the stairs and sat at their seats.
———————————————————————————

Appetizers and drinks were served before the ceremony officially started, Wei Wuxain was not allowed to enter until asked to.
The ceremony would go like this, Wei Wuxain would enter the main hall and would greet all the guests one by one, time consuming and useless, he thought as he read the instructions. Then he would be walked (more like dragged) into a temple to pay respects and bow twice while lighting incense sticks. Finally after a gruelling process he would enter an array and when it activated his red string would appear in his index finger. Worst of all he didn't know who his soulmate is or when and how they would meet? How does it work? Wei Wuxain had no idea.

Wei Wuxain pouted, "why did it have to be so fancy?"
Annoyance circled his head as he sat in his room bored to death, no food, no wine, nothing! He had nothing to do! Nor was he allowed to anything! "Rules this, rules that, tradition this, tradition that." He murmured under his breath.
Wei Ying would much rather be in the lotus ponds picking and eating a the pods, but no! He couldn't! At first, he was excited and eager for this ceremony but now he couldn't wait for it to be over.

———————-———————————————————

A knocking sound came from his door.
"Young Master Wei, it's time."
A young man's voice echoed into the room.
"I'm coming!!!"
Wei Ying jumped out his bed and dashed out the door.
"Young master, please follow me."
The young man said with utmost courtesy. Wei Wuxain started walking behind him, all the jewellery cling together as he walked, a bit excessive, isn't it?, he ranted in his thoughts as he struggled walking straight.

They finally arrived at the main hall, all the chatting stopped as soon as the young man announced:
"Fellow sect leaders, Wei Wuxain has arrived."
He cupped his hands and bowed, after a few moments he walked off to the side quickly getting lost in the crowd.
Wei Wuxain stood there, trying to process all the intent gazes and whispering directed at him. Cold sweat dripped down his back, what do they think of him? His head circled with different questions that didn't help him at all, however Wei Ying was good at concealing his emotions especially while under pressure. After a while he cupped his hands and bowed.
"Greetings, I hope fellow sect leaders are enjoying this event so far."
He said utmost courtesy and politeness he could muster up.
As stated before, Wei Wuxain looked stunning, out of this world, drop dead gorgeous, etc, so of course everyone's eyes were on him. He walked elegantly as he greeted the guests, his robes fluttered with all his movements make an ethereal aura around him appear, nonetheless, he felt a cold icy gaze piercing through him, almost examining him with a great deal of interest? Weird, Wei Wuxain had the urge to meet eye to eye with that person. He looked up and turned around, and there he was, the most beautiful person Wei Wuxain laid eyes on.