Chapter 3 - Past and Present

'When was the last time I have let myself relax like this?' Navia thought to herself as she was hugging Aether's left arm.

Even since Melus and Silver had dissolved she wasn't able to relax in such a manner. Not knowing who might be watching her and her not wanting to show any kind of weakness to anyone.

She remembered how they had dissolved. How Aether had accompanied and comforted her. And also how he had ranted his frustrations just now.

'I placed him on a pedestal. I am his friend and yet I did something like that. What does that say about me? Aether has been nothing but kind and caring to me and I've completely disregarded how he was feeling. Not noticing the frustration he was carrying.' Navia thought to herself as she raised her head and looked at his face.

Aether noticed her movement and looked at her as she looked at him. He gave her a gentle and kind smile which caused her to widen her eyes before she looked down.

'How can you look at me with such gentle eyes Aether? Even though I, I never even properly thanked you.' Navia thought to herself in silent disbelief.

She remembered how much they had cooperated with each other and the fun moments that they had with each other. The way he treated her was very kind and gentle and apart from Melus and Silver she can say that he is the one person in Fontaine she trusts the most, well, now he is the one she trusts the most.

'Ah, after the flood happened I have been depending upon him a bit haven't I? Not only did I not ask him about how he was these past few days, I didn't even stop to think that he might've been stressed.' Navia thought to herself in realisation.

She looked at his hand and then intertwined her fingers with his. He seemed to be surprised as she glanced at his face as she blushed at her own action.

'Why did I do that?' Navia thought to herself with a blush on her face.

But she was more surprised when he didn't seem to mind it and instead gave her hand a gentle sqeeze. This caused her to look at him in shock while he smiled at her gently.

"I know you're hurting Navia. There's no need to keep up your act around me. I'm here for you." Aether said to her in a soothing tone.

Navia felt more tears form from her eyes as they fell down her cheeks. She leaned onto him and hugged him as her tears fell down her face.

'Oh Aether. I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you when you were troubled. And now you are comforting me. I'm...' Navia thought to herself as she hugged his left arm.

Aether looked at her and sqeezed her hand gently again as if to tell her that she will be fine. He felt her sqeeze back before she hugged his arm tighter. He was also able to feel something soft pressing against his arms but he didn't say anything about it and only opted to blush slightly.

Meanwhile Navia has a good blush on her face as she hugged his arm. She could feel her heart racing at the action she is doing right now. But she also felt relieved and relaxed when she did it.

'I'm sorry for indulging on this Aether. But I promise to make it up to you.' Navia thought to herself as she hugged his arm and leaned onto him.

Meanwhile Furina who had heard Aether's words was silent as she felt her tears streaming down her face. She couldn't exactly look at him at the moment so she opted to look down and hide her face. Aether decided to give her some space for herself as he rubbed her back reassuringly.

Furina leaned onto him and enjoyed the feeling. The 500 years of torment and acting being brought to the front of her mind due to her thinking about them. She could remember how much she had suffered to see to it that the prophecy would not be fulfilled.