2

The days went by faster than they had been. Lucy spent her time teaching the children and helping them with their schoolwork. Since she had gone to school to be an elementary teacher she was qualified and left to care for the children while the other women did household chores.

Some of the group had left for Atlanta, including Merle who had taken a liking to Lucy. He no longer tried to flirt with her like he had when he first met her and instead treated her like a dear friend.

When the Atlanta group left, Daryl had planted a chaste kiss on Lucys cheek and headed off into the woods to try and catch a deer. He had seen some tracks the day before and was determined to bring food back to the group. Back to his Lucy.

Lucy spent her nights alone in the tent, she made a small nest consisting of some of Daryl's clothes and his sleeping bag, along with one of Merels shirts since he brought her comfort as well.

One day she was teaching Carl how to solve a fraction problem when she heard a siren. She and the children perked up at the sound and she rounded them up, bringing them to the RV in case the siren was coming from an enemy.

After making sure they were all inside, she instructed them to stay quiet, before making her way to the group.

Miranda, Carol, and Lori all looked toward her and Lucy nodded, signaling that the children were safe. The mothers sent her a grateful look.

The siren got closer to camp and worry and adrenaline filled Lucy.

A red sports car drifted into camp and Lucy sighed when she realized it was just Glenn.

Turn that off! Shane scolded Glenn who said that he didn't know how. The pair opened the hood and eventually got the noise to stop.

The women shouted to Glenn, asking for their family members, and Glenn reassured everyone that they were on their way.

Everyones okwell Merle not so much

Lucys heart dropped. She was sad, but poor Daryl would be devastated.

Not long after Glenn said that a white van pulled up, and there was everyone else.

Lucy watched the families be reunited, The children who had been in the RV, had come out when they knew it was Glenn. Morales embraced his children. Lori put a hand on her sons shoulder and led him away.

Lucy felt horrible for the child who had bees ripped of his father so young.

How did you guys get out? Dale asked Morales.

A new guy.

New guy? Shane asked.

Yeah, a crazy man came riding into town. Hey helicopter boy! Morales answered.

Out stepped a man in a cop uniform. He looked around before spotting Carl.

Carl screamed Dad and ran toward the man. The pair embraced and soon Lori followed. Lucys heart warmed at the scene.

The mystery man made eye contact with Lucy when he got a smell of her scent.

Their inner wolves yelled. Mate

The pair looked at each other shocked.

Rick continued to embrace his wife and child and Lucy broke their eye contact, heading back to her tent.

Lucy sat in her nest in shock. This was bad. Omegas who had two alpha mates never ended well. Alphas hated to share and the man had a family. A wife and a child. She couldnt get in between that.

She was aware that Lori and Shane had been messing around. She could always pick the scent off of Lori when she retrieved Carl from school.

It wasnt her business.

She would wait in the tent until Daryl came back. She missed him.

Tears slowly slipped down her cheeks and a soft distressed smell wafted from the girl.

The group who had begun to reminisce noticed the smell and Rick stiffened, getting a weird look from Lori.

The girl. Is she okay? Rick asked.

She was close with Merle. And her mate isnt here. On that note, Daryl is going to be upset when he hears you handcuffed his brother.

Everything clicked in his head. She had two mates. One of them was him and the other was Merles brother who wasnt here at the moment.

Rick was aware that Alphas didnt share. He growled slightly at the idea of having to share the pretty woman with another man, especially one who acted like Merle. Lori gave her husband a questioning look, he shrugged it off and kissed Carl on the forehead, mentioning he needed to pee. When he left the sight of the fire, he made his way towards the girl's tent.

Hey, um, can we talk? He said, awkwardly. He wasnt sure what to do. Lori and he had married out of love. They were high school sweethearts, although their marriage had been on the verge of ending before he was shot.

Lucy stiffened and softly said, yes

Rick carefully opened the tent and got in. He sat on the floor and Lucy sat in her nest, holding one of Daryls shirts.

So. Rick said, unsure how to have the conversation.

You have a wife and child. I dont want to get in the way of that. I also have another mate. And I know that Alphas dont like to share. Lucy rambled, nervously looking at the man.

Rick let out a calming scent that instantly calmed the nervous omega down. He would have loved to hug her and rock her in his arms, but he knew she wouldn't like that. Plus, the smell of him in here would make her other alpha mad. To have his scent on her would make the other alpha furious. He didnt want to put the omega through that.

Its ok Omega. It's ok. We will wait until your other alpha is here and then we can talk. I need to talk to Lori about this and the smell of Shane on her. Do you know anything about that? Rick asked. He knew omegas had a heightened sense of smell, Alphas did has well but omegas was the best.

Lucy looked down and nodded shamefully.

Can you tell me what you know baby? Rick asked. The nickname made Lucy squirm, bringing a smirk to Ricks face.

They go into the woods while I watch the kids. Lori gets Carl when Im done teaching. She always smells like Shane. Im sorry Alpha. Lucy said, feeling bad for the man.

You can call me Rick, baby, Rick said, nodding at the new information. He loved that she called him alpha, but until he and Daryl had a conversation, it would need to wait. Im going to go back before Im gone too long, are you going to bed?

Lucy nodded.

Goodnight baby, Rick said before leaving the tent.

Goodnight Rick.