III

Almost an hour later, Ishan was completely drowning in alcohol and Shubman hadn't stopped from helping himself with a few more drinks. He did stay in limit and the limit was simply not passing out. So, he could he say that he was stupidly drunk right now, but Ishan–

Ishan was way past the limit.

His drool pooled onto the table while he slept like the dead. Shubman's head was telling him to check if Ishan was still breathing because he really looked dead. It was concerning, but his mind immediately thought- cute.

On realising that he was unintentionally staring at his best friend in a not-best-friend way again made him back away.

Seriously, just what was wrong with him tonight?

He swore it was something in the alcohol and totally not just his actual thoughts.

He nudged Ishan gently and called his name. "Ishu, wake up, dude. We have to go."

Ishan didn't respond. He just snored softly and shifted his position, snuggling closer to his arm. Shubman shook his head and tried again. "Ishan, come on. It's late."

Still no response. He starts getting annoyed slowly. So he decides to do something more. With a cheeky crooked smile, he smacks Ishan's face like they always do to eachother.

Ishan jolts awake with one of those dramatic gasps from movies escaping out of his lips. He looks around, eyes still half-opened and a pout on his lips expressing the displeasure of being abruptly woken up. Cu– no, no.

When his gaze lands on Shubman, he smiles. And- it's that one really really cute smile where his eyes turn into beautiful crescents and he flashes his pearly white teeth and everything that just stops Shubman's heart right that moment, then suddenly boosts his heartbeat.

Okay.

Too cute. Way too cute.

No, no, no simping. Absolutely not.

Ishan abruptly stands up, sways on his legs for a minute, about to fall face first onto the floor, but Shubman manages to snake an arm around his waist and balances him right before he falls.

Ishan looks at him through his lashes, smiling dreamily. He holds Shubman, cradling both sides of his face gently with his hands. He leans in again, eyes closed. What was he leaning in for? A kiss? Another kiss?

Shubman could hear alarms going off in his head. His entire body malfunctioning, his neurons probably freaking out about the sudden crisis in his brain. It was a meltdown.

He had an absolutely devourable Ishan trying to kiss him again in public. In front of the team members and in front of the staff of the club.

Shubman should push him away. He should stop him. But Ishan looked too good. His dark curly hair dishevelled and poking in all directions, his dreamt brown eyes, his cute pout, his perfectly neat stubble that complemented his fair skin.

So, he just freezes. Ishan just continues to lean closer slowly and Shubman just- closes his eyes, waiting for the other pair of lips to meet his own.

But it never comes. Instead, Ishan's lips brush his ear and he whispers something to him that he's too distracted to comprehend.

"What?" He asks. "Puke. I need to puke." he mutters, burying his head in Shubman's shoulder. His heartbeat subdues a bit and he sighs, supporting ishan during walk to the washroom.

__________________________________________

When it's time they start checking out of the club, Shubman has to carry Ishan to the SUV with the help of Surya Bhai, both supporting each side of the guy.