Chapter 12:The House

Tanjiro pov:

I have been walking around after leaving Tamayo- san's home thinking about what happened since I know I cut the shadow figure but it was like hitting just air. I continued to think till my crow was screaming into my ear about my next location being South South East. As I was making my way to the next place, I hear someone screaming.

??: "PLEASE!! I'm begging you, I'm begging you!! Please marry me!" A yellow haired boy around my age cried out while hugging a woman.

??: "I'm going to die!! So please marry me!! I'm begging you." He continued which confused me. As I was thinking, a sparrow flew at me and chirped to me about the situation which I understood and made my way to the boy.

Tanjiro: "What the hell are doing in the middle of the road!! Don't you see that the Lady doesn't want to marry you!! And You're bothering the sparrows as well!!" I shouted as I hold up the boy by the back of his haori.

The boy: "You're the one from the Final Selection." He said while I denied which caused the boy to say that I memory problems. I told the woman to head back home who thanked me while the boy cried out that she needs to marry him and how she 'loves' him which got him a hard slap from the woman. The woman then starts to beat up the boy so I hold the woman back while she is yelling out that she thought he was sick so she tried to help while the which the boy asks if she was worrying about him means she likes. This causes the woman to explain that she has a fiancé and walks away as the boy cries for her to wait till he turns his attention to me.

??: "Why did you mess this up for." He cried out which weirded me out.

??: "Don't give me that look like I'm some sort of creature! This is all your fault!! It's all your fault I couldn't get married!" He screamed out at me which shocked me.

??: "I'm going to die!! I know I will die on my next mission!! I'm very weak and I'm exaggerating! You have to protect till I get married!" He demanded.

Tanjiro: "Why would you become a Slayer when you ask help for others! How can you live with that shame!" I yelled back which the yellow haired boy responds.

??: "That's too harsh! I was deceived by a woman and now I've a lot of debt! The man I owe says that I need to repay the money the woman owes him as well, so he 'groomed' me!!" He shouted to me.

??: "I went through hell training every day to a point I might as well die! And I thought I was going to die at the Final Selection!! In the end I survived and then ended up back in that hellish lifestyle again! Scary so scary!" He said as he bending his back upward while laying down.

??: "I don't want this!! I don't want any of this! Save me!!" He cried loudly.

Tanjiro: "Are you okay?" I asked as he cried.

Tanjiro: "I understand what's happening to you but please stop causing trouble for the sparrow." I said as he is eating my rice ball before started to walk together. We talked for awhile and I learned that the boy's name is Zenitsu till my crow showed up.

Matsuemon: "Caw!! Hurry up, Tanjiro, Zenitsu, run!! Go to your next location!!" The crow said as Zenitsu screamed of how a crow can talk.

Later..

We had made it to a house in the middle of the woods. I smelled the scent of blood around the area along with another smell that I've not encountered before. I thought this as Zenitsu was saying how he can hear something. I notice two humans along with a dog like creature looking at me. The creature had grey fur and yellow eyes. The two humans were kids, one a boy and the other a girl. I approach them and the shields the girl away from me as the creature starts to growl defensively. I present the sparrow as a way to gain the three's trust. The three looked at it while it chirped which caused them to calm down. I asked the two what happened and if the home was theirs for which they told it wasn't and that it's the home of a monster. This made dog growl like it hated the monster. They further explained that their brother was taken by the monster when they were traveling at night and that it ignored them, only taking the brother. They also me that the dog appeared afterwards like it was protecting them. They told me that they followed their brother's blood. I assured them that I'll defeat the monster.