Chapter 16: Fire Breathing?

I was having a medical check up by Shinobu-san to see if my injuries from Mt. Natagumo have healed.

Shinobu Kocho: "Say aah." She said while gently pulling my jaw down as she mimicked the action by lowering her jaw.

Shinobu Kocho: "Just as I thought, there is no problems with your jaw. I'm sorry that Oto- san and I can't see you all off, but please do your best from now on." She said with her iconic closed eyed smile.

Tanjiro: "Thank you so much! Ah, there's one more thing I want to ask you." I asked her as my hand was raised.

Shinobu Kocho: "What is you question?"

Tanjiro: "Do you know anything about the 'Hinokami Kagura?'" I asked her.

Shinobu Kocho: "I have not." She responded which shocked me greatly.

Tanjiro: "What about fire breathing then?" I asked which had the same response that caused me to scream about my circumstances of my past with it and how I used my dad's dance.

Shinobu Kocho: "I see, so you used your father's Hinokami Kagura for some reason and you might know more if you ask a fire breather." She said as I hummed in agreement.

Shinobu Kocho: "Well, I don't know anything about 'fire breathing,' but I do know of 'flame breathing.'" She said which confused me because of the names fire and flame.

Tanjiro: "Aren't they the same thing?" I asked.

Shinobu Kocho: "I'm not sure on the details either, I'm sorry. It's just that there's a very strict rule with the phrasing. You can't just call 'Flame Breathing' 'Fire Breathing.' If you to know more, then you might need to visit Rengoku-san, the Flame Hashira." She advised me.

Shinobu Kocho: "I shall ask my crow, though the response may take awhile." She said her crow landed on the window.

Tanjiro: "Okay, it's time for me to leave." I said as I leave while humming a song till I heard footsteps approaching.

Tanjiro: "Someone's coming." I said out loud before the footsteps turned a corner which revealed someone before he bumped into me despite me dodging out of his way. I look at the figure and recognize him from the Final Selection as the one Roni-sama broke their arm for hurting one of Oyakata-sama's children for a katana. I asked myself of why he was here at the Butterfly Mansion and how did get his physique in such a short amount of time? There was also something about his smell that wasn't right.

Tanjiro: "It's nice to see you since it's been awhile!" I shouted at him but he just ignores me, so I walk outside to talk to Aoi-san as Roni-sama was helping her dry laundry.

Aoi: "Is that so? You're leaving already. Our time together may have been short, but it was great to share it with you. Good luck and be careful!" She said as I told her mine, Inosuke's, Nezuko's and Zenitsu's departure.

Tanjiro: "Thanks, you took care of us so much. I'm really thankful for taking care of us while you were busy. We can fight again thanks to you." I thanked her with a closed eyed smile which shocked her to cause her stop doing the laundry.

Aoi: "I'm not doing much compared to you guys, so don't thank me. I'm just a wimp who got lucky in the selections. I was too afraid to go to battle afterwards." She tried to look down on herself.

Tanjiro: "That's not true. Due to your help, you're already a part of me, Aoi-san. I'll carry your emotions with me to battle. Also if I get injured again, I'll be in your care." I told her which made her eyes widen as I left before barely heard Roni-sama chuckle.

" I told her which made her eyes widen as I left before barely heard Roni-sama chuckle