Things are looking differently!

A/N: Philomels POV unless said otherwise!

I don't really know when it all started. Was it when I was young or when I ran away or was it when my father came to the palace as a cat... I mean my biological father who is also the most powerful mage and all... who knows... but I started to remember more than just the book I had read when I was a kid with my whole life inside it.

No one really knew about this fact nor that I actually was able to use magic. The thing is... I could use magic but I could only really summon animal. I was never really one who could actually use magic freely. For me it were the birds I had summoned, the spirits that I had asked for help and the huge dragon hiding in my shadows. Ah yes, no one knows about Sivax who was laying low in my shadows at all.

I never had a reason to let him free. He was there and the pure existance was making me feel more secure. There was a time I ran away from this place but it didn't really turn out well as my father kinda also rejected me in contrary to what I knew about the past from the book and then I kinda was swept away and got back to the palace... ah yeah, I was the fake prince here and Elincia was the true princes but still I was never ungreatful living this life.... well was... actually I am thinking different about it ever since I got back.

Things were just a bit weird.. I can't really say why I felt this way but I did.

Luguin: Can't sleep?

Me: I am just thinking.

Luguin: About what?

Me: About today.

I still can't believe what happened!

My mother was a criminal for swapping out her own child with the princess... and then she doesn't even love me but Elincia.. she would rather die than tell me anything about it and before I knew it her death sentance was also removed just because Elincia asked for it...

No.

Something is not right here!

I just know it.

Luguin: I will be keeping an eye on her for you and investigating her too.

Me: No need for that.

There was no doubt in my mind that Elincia was someone who would do things cleanly. There shouldn't be any hints about her doing something bad but I just had a feeling that this Elincia was not the one I read in the book about. After all I was also not the same Philomel in the book. I knew about magic and I could use it... well just for summoning things but still... it was enough.

Luguin: Then is it about the guest palace?

Me: No, It was my decision to stay there after all.

Luguin: And nearly dismissing all the maids?

Me: I don't need them besides you don't have to be a cat this way or do you like it more that way?

Luguin: I don't care.

Me: *sigh* I'll go sleep now. Good night.

Luguin: Good night.

I guess this Archmage will never learn about how I was feeling at all because who was actually going to fall asleep with someone staring at them but in the end my fatigue won and I fell asleep. Litle did I know what was awaiting me in the morning. I mean not only did I oversleep but when I woke up, I had an invite for a party... a tea party to be precise with Elicia... was there a way for me not to accept it? Unfortunately not. She was the princess and even if I suspected her naive and sweet nature, she was still herself and the daughter of his highness. I took her place for a very long time. The outside world wasn't looking that nicely at me. Of course I knew that but I still didn't wanted it at all.

In the morning, I received the invitation and after that I had send everyone out of my room to be alone... I was patient but not dumb. Besides I didn't wanted my father to know that I could use magic. Once alone, I quickly summoned a butterfly as my companion to help me out.

Me: Hello Emerald.

Only after one gives the creatures they summon a name, will they come to exst for real. I learned this in my past life and back then, I was the best summoner there was and so I knew about creatures and animals that were not existing in this world such as this little black and green butterfly. It was a fast one but this little fella could use his own share of magic as well.

Butterfly: ...

It was sitting around my finger while looking at me as I talked to it.

Me: There is a girl with platin gold hair, find her and watch over her. Tell me if she is planning something.

The butterfly nodded and then flew off to a wall and then threw it. This was the magic this little butterfly had. It was a camouflage butterfly and it's wings were the most beautiful thing you could possess in my past life due to how hard it was to catch one.

This should make me know what is going on....

I am sure there is something behind this party....

Too bad that I can't really use my father or my brothers... his majesty doesn't even know that they are my true family....

What a headache!

I better gret prepared and go dine with his majesty...he did invite me for breakfast after all.

What a bother.

I wish I could just disappear!