4

As Seline walked out of the diner and around the corner her mind was racing with all the thoughts of staying with this millionaire. He's sexy and rugged, but he's a cocky asshole. For some reason Seline just couldn't stop thinking about him and getting excited to be staying with him for the next year.

As she put her key in the lock of her apartment she saw her dad, head rolled to the side, sleeping on his ratty Lazy Boy chair. He looked so peaceful from afar but if you paid attention closely his chest was rising and falling at a fast pace, as if he had been running. His heart was in bad condition and he had to have surgery on it. Doctor's at the hospital that he needs it done at, wouldn't take the insurance that Seline works so hard to pay for. This ten million dollars would pay for his sixty five thousand dollar heart surgery, a home nurse, and any medication he would need worry free.

It would buy them a house; a nice one so they could finally get out of the apartment in the run down neighborhood they had been living in, and pay for her brothers college fees which seemed to be getting harder and harder to keep up with, and Seline's own student loans that she had from her time getting a degree in Law.

Seline could quit her work as an assistant at Nick's law firm. She had been working at Andrew and Payne Law Firm since she was 21 and she was now 27, Nicholas never noticed her. She didn't even work for his floor so she shouldn't expect him too, but everyone should know their employees, it just showed how self absorbed he was.

Of course she knew who he was but she wasn't going to let him in on her secret and especially after she had walked in to his office one day and seen him in a very compromising postion with his secretary on his desk.

It was a disgusting clichè moment that she would rather have not seen, and the image was permanetly burned into her mind. Seline shook her head and dropped her keys on the little table next to the door.

Walking through the living room and down the hallway she grabbed a blanket and small neck pillow for her dad and went to his chair and adjusted him so he was comfortable and warm. She sighed and kissed his head, whispering in his ear "It'll be okay now daddy."

She went to the kitchen and prepared dinner for herself and then went back to her room. Sometime during watching reruns of The Kardashians she fell asleep, and for the first time in a while, she slept worry free.

Three days later Seline ran home and got the mail.

There were bills and bills but right at the back there was a thick cream envelope with Nick's name on it addresed to her. She ran inside and opened it excitedly.

"What you got there, honey?" Her dad asked, leaning up from his chair.

"A check." Seline answered.

"It's not payday is it?" Her dad questioned.

"No dad. I quit my job today." Seline said, smiling.

"Oh honey, what are we going to do?" Her dad said, worry etched into his face.

Seline was just about to explain everything when she pulled out a small slip of paper from the envelope.

Nobody can know. Not even Daddy.

-N

Seline shook her head at the note and slipped it into her pocket, facing her dad she smiled.

"I got a new job here in LA. I'm going to be gone for a year, I can still call and visit but I won't be living here, my job is providing accommodations. There is one surprise." Seline said, and with the check in her hand she walked over to show her dad.

Her dad took the check and after a second of reading he screamed. Seline covered her ears it was so loud.

"Oh honey! Oh my God!" Her dad yelled, tears starting to stream down his face.

Seline smiled proudly at the sight, her dad never cries in front of them, even when her mom died, he stayed strong, even when Tom, her brother, and her had heard him crying endless nights in his room.

"Dad I know. And I want you to go get dressed, call Tom, and get in my car because were going to the bank and I'm going to get you an appointment for heart surgery, and pay for it in full." Seline said. She felt proud of herself for making her dad so happy.

"Honey, I want you to know, I loved you before the money, I love you after the money, and I will always love you no matter what. And I will never be able to repay you for doing this for me Sel, and I'm sorry you've had to work so hard all these years, but I'm glad it's finally paying off for you." He said, hugging me tightly.

"Dad, I will always love you too, and I'm so happy you'll be healthy now." Seline beamed at him.

"Can you tell me what this job is though?" Her dad said, worry lines appearing on his face.

"Well, I really can't its top secret, but just know it's not anything bad. Okay?" Seline said.

"Okay." Her dad kissed her forehead and went to his room to get dressed and ready. Seline wiped at her eyes, and stood strong.

No matter what happens with Nick, this is worth it. Seline hugged herself tightly and looked down at the check in her hand. She was ready to face next week with a strong heart, willing herself not to do anything that she would regret later, and to promise herself to make it a smooth year living with him.