Chapter 4

"Well are you not going to jump?"

His mellow voice pulled Y/N out of her pondering, and she suddenly felt a pang of worry hit her. She looks down, not at Jungkook, but at the ground. It seemed so far, even though the two of them were only on the second floor. Y/N turns her eyes back to Jungkook, doubts written all over her face.

"I'm not sure this is what I want to do, now that I think about it,"
He frowns and continues to climb down without an answer. "Wait, don't leave me here alone!"

Jungkook latches onto the window ledges, his legs just long enough to use them for support. Although Y/N was nowhere near as close to his height, so she's going to have to find something else to depend her grounding on.

He takes a final jump off the wall like spiderman, and brushes off the dust on his hands. He's now waiting for Y/N, standing with his arms crossed on the soft grass. Jungkook raises his arms, indicating he would catch her if she slips at any moment.

"Don't worry, I've got you if anything happens, now get it over with already."

His reassurance encourages her to climb down, as she swings her legs over the ledge of the window sill, and begins to lower herself. Carefully using the unevenly layered bricks to her advantage as steps, Y/N pushes herself until her feet touch the floor.

But they don't.

She feels someone grab her small waist, their large hands encasing them as they lift her off the wall. Y/N squeals in fright as she feels herself levitate off the ground, and a tingling sensation rushing through her body.

Jungkook effortlessly picks her up like a doll. She was so tiny in comparison to him, the soft skin of her hands against his rough ones, tapping him harshly to put her down. She kicks her legs in frustration, and a light chuckle escapes Jungkook's lips.

"Don't laugh! I need to get home as soon as possible." She protests.

"Ok ok, I get it. Let's get you home princess."

"Don't call me that! It's creepy."

Another laugh is heard as they both walk off into the distance.

___________________________

Was the path to her house always so beautiful? The two walked in an awkward silence, with Y/N not daring to make a peep after that moment. She fidgeted for a while, unsure on where to keep her eyes, which for some reason, kept staring back at Jungkook.

'Is he a magnet or what?'

The two walked along a rusty bridge. Overtaken by vines and choked with moss and grass, patches of flowers which began to grow after some time decorating the crumbling structure.

Y/N used to think it was a home for faeries as a child. She found the smallest things of nature beautiful.

Y/N continues walking as the bridge creaked and groaned, its aged planks shook at the slightest pressure. Although, she noticed that Jungkook is no longer beside her. She turns her head back to find him standing there watching her.

"What are you doing, come on then?" She asks, questioning his sudden change in behaviour.

"Do you really let people talk to you like that? The entire school seems to treat you like shit."

What the hell? Why is he bringing this up out of the blue?

Y/N sends him a puzzled look. "I mean... I've gotten used to it haven't I?"
She responds unsurely, as though she herself isn't convinced by her own answer.

"I don't really care... it's just a bit pitiful you know?"

His words struck her, a pained look on her face as the same feelings of disgrace washed over her. She couldn't look him in the eye, it was so humiliating to not be able to stand up for yourself.

"Anyways, you left this in Maths. I was going to give it to you but you were already gone." Jungkook piped up, dismissing the awkward silence as he reached into his bag, and grabbed something strangely familiar. The pink, worn out diary which Y/N swore to not be found again was in his hands, as he held it out infront of her.

Y/N snatched the book from him. 'Why does he have this?!'
She looked up at him speechless, too anxious to know whether he had read it.

"Did you- did you read it?" Her voice was timid, almost like a whisper.
Jungkook just stared at her, an emptiness in his eyes. She already knew the answer.

"What the heck?! How could you read my diary without my permission? That's such a violation of my privacy!" Y/N screached, allowing her bottled emotions to unleash like a wild fire.

"So? It was an accident. Why are you making such a big deal out of it?"

"Are you serious? This is my personal stuff, and you had no right to invade my privacy like that!"

"Well, maybe you shouldn't have left it lying around if you didn't want anyone to see it," Jungkook barked back.

"That's not the point! You don't touch people's shit without their knowledge." Tears pricked at her eyes, why can't anyone be a decend human being?

"Please, we just met. Don't act like we're fucking close or something. Get over it already." He was so insensitive!

"I can't believe you're being so defensive about this."

"I'm not even surprised half the school shits on your name, your so annoying." Jungkook scoffed, his callous words stabbing Y/N like a dagger.

She stared at him in disbelief. Her entire day had already gone downhill, but this was the final straw. She couldn't take much more of this.

Her eyes begin to drench at the realisation of being a reject, an outcast. It's as though she never really took it to thought, and the tape on her heart started to peel. Jungkook stood there with nothing more to say to the hurting girl, rolling his eyes, unable to accept his wrong.

Y/N weeps in silence, the atmosphere only becoming more uncomfortable for her to be there any longer. She starts to move away, the bridge beginning to creak once more, as she stumbled back, flustered from her childish outburst.

"I-I.. I need to go-" And she begins to run. The only thought in her mind is to run, leaving Jungkook to process this on his own.

______________________

Y/N can't believe she just did that, right after Miss told her to welcome Jungkook to the school! Now she ruined her chance of giving a good impression on his first day, that flopped big time.

She's running so fast her legs being to ache, the journey to her home from the bridge seems like a million years, so far yet so close. From the distance she can spot her house, a traditional american home.

She's hoping her father and sisters aren't around, she really would appreciate some time alone without their nagging.

She jogs up to the front door tiresomely, and enters. The foul stench of beer comes at her all at once, forcing her to scrunch her nose at the displeasing welcome.

'Dad is definitely home.' She thought, but decided not to think too much as he was probably out cold on the couch.

Y/N runs upstairs and shuts her bedroom door quietly to not cause a ruckus, throwing her bag on the ground and flops onto her bed.

So many thoughts clouded her mind as a stream of tears rushed down her face. She couldn't fully register it back then, but the excruciating pain from the betrayal, the embarrassment, the bullying, it was all crashing down on her, and it hurt like hell.