Sixteen

Ellie

She told me sooo many stories.

I seemed a lot more relaxed at the idea of telling the family, "I do recall the adults talking about it loudly upstairs there embarrassing dating stories sometimes included same-sex couples or coming out stories about gender. The family always seemed to remind us love is love regardless and gender is who we feel we are. I guess I blocked all that out of fear.

We finish off dishing up dinner into pans and bring it out, we start conversing with each other.

My hearts pounding, and my ears are ringing, Grace holds my hand under the table trying to comfort me.

"Hey guys," Everyone stops and that makes my chest tighten. Grace whispers you can do this in my head, that shocks me out of the haze.

You're a daemati. I say back.

She nods then flicks her head at the family, I clear my throat. "I just thought I'd tell you all, I am Agender and Bi." I gulp down air, "My pronouns are they/he."

There was a pause and then applause from everyone. Dad gets up and hugs me, "That's my kid!" I smile, Jayme smiles too. I think I understand something. I always called her by name because I was scared to call her mom and she respected that. But seeing her accept me. I beckon her over and let her join in the hug, "Thank you mom." she momentarily freezes and then keeps hugging me.

"Thank you for telling us kiddo." She says brushing my hair back.

We eventually go back to our food, I am content with everything at peace and comfortable in my body for once.

Grace

That night we worked on fighting stance and punches, toward the end I say, "we have rankings soon."

"Rankings?" asks Fern, whose sweat slick face and flushed face makes them look a little silly.

"Your numbers." I say.

"Lay it on us now, might as well." says Claire dodging a punch from Indigo huffing and straightening her posture.

"Fine." I shrug, writing it on the whiteboard.

Vix

Noela

Ellie

Fern

Me

Claire

Indigo

"These have less to do with your skill set and more to do with your abilities mentally. They are also your code names for missions. They are sewn on your suits. I gesture at a few boxes.

They get permission to break and look at them, on the front is a patch with a gun and Arrow on the left chest. On the back is the number in big red sewn font. The suits for the most part is black with a hood and a utility belt.

"They have a few features that help with your individual powers. You have 5 minutes to change and be back up here." I point to the door, they all sprint off. I put mine on over my clothes. I tune the settings on my arm band so I can channel my wind and electricity through my fingers. This power is not from my bio parents. I do know that. Though my shape shifting and unbelievable shooting accuracy is. The shape shifting is a mutation from my mothers ability, according to Fi.

They all return, some of them smiling and giggling and admiring each other, some all business. I hand each one of them a band. They secure it around their wrists.

"Indigo, this will channel your powers so you don't have to touch someone to dust them, Vix and Noela the suit makes your gravity powers faster and sharper. Elie your suit protects your vital organs. Claire and Fern, the suit has a megaphone so you can rumor more people."

"That's dope," Says Ellie.

"Dope indeed." Agrees a smiling Vix.

I roll my eyes, "Back in formation."

They all gladly oblige talking and laughing while sparing, It's a good night to be a Hargreaves. I enjoy observing until Ellie pulls me over to spare them.

We all end up dancing around a bonfire with a few stolen drinks, I might have passed out.