A toaster in the bathtub

* #

Tori tentatively pursued her path into the recording studio building, breathing rather heavily. "This song... it just has to be it..." she thought, with a heavy heart which was beating so fast, any normal person would assume she were on steroids.

I mean, she was on steroids about two weeks ago...

Her tan and slender, yet surprisingly elegant hands trembled as her body went through cold and hot flashes. Despite the light sweater she was wearing on a 70-degree day. The anxiety inducing cold feeling crept up on her like a ghoul and left her feeling naked and exposed.

The day prior, she had left the famous Hollywood sign after reminiscing for a good two hours, then crying, then throwing whatever she could find at the nothingness that lay in the surprisingly non-tourist ridden hills.

Well, what she thought was non-tourist, anyway... until she heard a loud shriek when she threw down a pair of binoculars...

"What the fuck?! Is it raining binoculars?!?" Echoed through her head relentlessly, causing a chuckle every time.

She allowed thoughts to catch up to her.

She has slowly been realizing just how drastically different every single one of her thoughts have been. How she continually thought of high school, Jade, the life she left behind, Jade...

She gathered herself the best she could, gripping her purple shoulder bag with as much confidence as she could muster.

"It's a new day"

———

"Jackie!" Tori was greeted with a reassuring hug by her best friend; Jacqueline Kenneth. AKA her publicist (but she wasn't going to tell anyone that)

"It's so nice to see you, Tor! Tell me, how have you been the last few weeks?"

A scandal had occurred, well, more like multiple scandals occurred... See, just two years prior, in Tori's peak of fame, somebody posted a video of her... affairs in high school and one from the current year, so now there were a few sex tapes online...

The sex tapes in question, were of her being with girls, instead of the guy she was currently "dating". However, Tori had never liked men and never wanted to date a guy, but her label made her do so.

From then on, most thought she was a cheater or hated her for being a lesbian. Two years and far too many substance abuses later, this is where she was now. She hasn't stepped foot in a recording studio since everything got out... but her publicist managed to pull a few strings.

"I've been great!" She lied, just happy to be with anyone besides her depressing hookups and drug-buddies. Jackie could see right through her off-putting smile but decided not to antagonize it.

She could tell the younger girl had a rough couple weeks.

Jackie plopped down onto the beige sofa, looking to the side at Tori as she also had came to sit beside her, crossing one leg over the other. "So, you emailed me about this new single you want to put out?" Jackie changed the subject, but noting to ask Tori about it later.