0 0 4. g i r l f r i e n d ?

•••••

•••••

KARI

I'm left standing behind the bar, cleaning. I fondly smile at the seated group.

Tettsu is also standing looking down at Chiharu, Yamato, and Dan.

"This is ridiculous, eating pancakes at Itokan."

"I feel the same way."

"Eat it before you say something." Naomi states.

"Ready...go!" Tettsu hits the flat side of the pan using a spoon.

I giggle at their reluctance.

They take a bite, their expressions relaxing as they taste it.

"What the heck, this is so good!"

They all begin to laugh, I look behind them; Cobra not taking his eyes of his magazine.

'Ring' 'Ring'

"What? Noboru?" Yamato rushes out, "I understand."

"What's wrong?"

"There's a change in Noboru's condition." He stares back at Cobra. We all rush out upon hearing the news.

The hospital hall that leads to his room becomes crowded.

Naomi and me are holding hands, I squeeze her hand trying to comfort her. Being in a place like this must remind her of unpleasant memories.

Running footsteps come our direction, I look up my eyes meeting Cobra's for a second. I look beside him to what I imagine is Miho.

"What about Noboru?"

The nurses come out of the room searching for the doctor. Yamato and Cobra rushing in stopping beside the bed, pleading to Noboru to stay.

I hear yells asking the doctor to do something, to please do something.

"Noboru!"

"Noboru!"

"Noboru!"

Please God...Gods? Let him stay, please!

"Noboru? Do you know where you are?"

I look back at the bed, his eyes already open and I let out a deep breath.

•••••

•••••

"You missed." I bluntly say leaning against one of the batting center's fences.