Chapter 1: Settling in

Y/n unpacked the last of her boxes, she stepped back to inspect her new room design, the walls were f/c and she was mainly happy with it. after moving around a few things, y/n lay down on her bed, exhausted.

Dreading going to highschool tomorrow, being the new kid never helps. Besides from the nervousness and anxiety, she was also excited to meet everyone, even if her old friends told her that the kids there were terrible. Secretly she was hoping there were some single girls to try and pick up but she wouldn't take just anyone, no, she had some standards and preferences even if she was a bit desperate.

Y/n scrolled through her playlists, trying to find fitting music for her mood and ended up listening to f/s for a while, whilst drawing. Y/n didn't even realise when hours had passed, only checking the time at 2:15am. Knowing she had school tomorrow y/n put away her sketchbook and fell asleep.

You wake up groggily the next morning, only having around 10 minutes to get ready you hurriedly pick out a nice outfit, go through a short morning routine and grabbing a quick snack. You walk to school, arriving just on time. Observing the groups of students and glancing around at the building. There's a group of typical looking jocks, the main one of the group most likely, is supposedly named Jeff and has a life threatening allergy of pineapple of all things. Another group is the cheerleaders, most of them seemed nice, and they weren't bad looking either, in fact they were very pretty, but just not your type.

Then there was another group that especially caught your eye, a group of not necessarily popular girls, but your pretty sure that it wasn't the group that caught your eye, but rather, a specific girl, she had short brown hair and there was just something about her that you couldn't quite describe just yet, but you knew you had to try to introduce yourself at some point today, if you could gain the courage.

You went up to the principals office to get your schedule and have to sit through a drawling talk about the rules or something, you didn't really pay attention. You enter your class for first period, and the moment you step into the room you immediately understood what your old friends meant by "the most chaotic school ever", the teacher was sat at his desk not doing anything, but on the board was some bland writing and nothing more. The class wasn't really a class at this point but more like a hangout. And there was that girl again, you had to know her name, to know more about her. And with overhearing some of her friends, you found out her name is hazel, it was such a beautiful name, a name that could roll of the tongue smoothly. And with that, you just knew who you wanted to get with by the end of the year. But the first step was, how?

Sorry for it being short, I don't want to put too much in the first chapter!

Word count: 522