Chapter 2: Introductions

You settle that being able to introduce yourself is easiest. Not realising you've zoned out, you stare in her direction absently. Only realising that you're staring when she glances at you and away again, probably uncomfortable with being stared at, you look away. But you think that this might be the right time to introduce yourself to her, having a battle between whether you introduce yourself or not you end up going over to meet her properly without just admiring her from afar.

"Uh, hi, my names y/n! I'm new here, can I uh hang out with you sometime?" You stumble over your words a little but she doesn't seem to mind to much

"Oh, hi y/n! yeah you can hang out with us" she replies, you mentally celebrate, step 1 completed.

The bell rings a while after that, you had a good time talking to her and her friends, they seem like nice people and all have unique personalities . You walk over to period 2, unfortunately Hazel isn't in this class with you but you'll have to get through it anyway.

After half of a mainly uneventful day you walk over to the cafeteria, looking around you see a few couples, the jocks, the cheerleaders and finally you see Hazel and her friends. You take your tray of food and go over to them, eating your lunch and talking to them but mainly focusing on Hazel. A random debate of whether cats or dogs are better strikes up a group conversation you put out your opinion and debate Hazel about it, you both conclude that they're both good. After a few more conversations, some talking about favourite things or just getting to know everyone a bit better, you and Hazel walk over to the next period which is woodworks, after making a sarcastic joke you learn she isn't great at recognising sarcasm, so you clear up that it wasn't serious and you both enter the classroom. The teacher goes through the lesson normally and at the end assigns a paired project and you and Hazel happen to be partnered up, which you couldn't be more pleased about. After a few more boring lessons and a bit more chaos from the students, the bell rings for after school.

I will make another chapter on 'introductions' but I want to make sure I have more than 1 chapter out for now, so this is another short chapter

Word count: 405