Chapter 1: Beach house

Wake up, Cindy! We're going to be late.

Amanda grabbed my legs and pulled me out of my bed. Being an awesome supportive friend of mine that's how she helps me get my senses together.

( Alexa playing Taylor Swift's song in the background – because that's how a heroine entry must be portrayed isn't it? )

HUHHH, it's morning already? I thought we had just gone to bed!

Yeah, that's what I want to believe too but it's already 8 in the morning and the most important day of your life, remember?

I do remember. Cindy Lou never forgets her mission. Especially, when on a mission to find my marshmallow Man. 

Oh Cindy, enough being dramatic, and get to shower. We need to find a nice street shop to grab Breakfast and perhaps, some sightseeing since we're here. I shrugged, coz why not, we came all the way from Florida to find this mystery man I met on my mom's computer. Who knows a pen pal could drag to the other corner of the earth. I am not being dramatic, though that's what my friend often calls me, but for a dreamer girl who never crossed her city it's quite a big adventure.

Wait a second. I must give you, my precious readers, about what's the current situation am in. like how am on a mission to find this marshmallow man with whom I fell considerably deep in love and how I ended up coming to Budapest. I may sound delusional for flying across the ocean to find this person who may or may not be real but this is how it is. Because I trust my gut, yeah, for real. I feel like a rollercoaster is up ahead. To grasp this situation of mine, I must take you back 6 months before my college sophomore year and what happened during the exam holiday vacation.

It's our annual holiday tradition to visit my mom's vacation beach house located in Miami Florida. That's where it all happened.

It was a gift for my mom's birthday from my grandpa. He built it with the greatest passion to fulfill my mom's wish to own a beach vacation house. It was a trend during that time it seems. My mom used to tell lots of stories about the time she used to spend her holidays. But mind it is not about her precious pen pal. She was popular across the area. She had many friends that are now helping me a lot. I get treated like a princess wherever I go to the nearby town. I get all sorts of free kinds of stuff and unthinkable discounts. That one time when I just looking at the price of this exotic scarf which would look dazzling with my magenta dress, Uncle Rob gave it off as a gift. I was so shocked, like am I dreaming? He just adores me enough that he would just give it to me for free. I love Uncle Rob and am grateful. But it also has its drawbacks because I can't even breathe or roam freely. After all, people seem to recognize me at the sight. Apart from that I spend quite a jubilant time which is perfect enough to tread down my journal of a perfect vacation.

My friend, Amanda, and I went to stroll around the market. She told me about a handsome tourist who resides in a lodging beside her home. The moment she said, " Hey Cindy, did you hear the town girls going crazy over this handsome tourist?" The main character syndrome in me kicked in to say, "This is it! My time has come to meet the one, I mean 'The One'.

The way she described him, bragging about seeing his awestruck beauty with her own eyes induced my curiosity. Like who wouldn't, right? And who would just sit back after hearing this? Not me, of course. Cindy Lou must see the handsomeness in person. So, we planned to meet him to execute our casual coincidental planned encounter. We sneaked out of my house after breakfast to see him. We went near his lodging but he was not there. We went from street to street looking for this guy and nowhere to be found. We saw some of his friends at the beach. They were having their time at the bar and he was not there. We spent nearly two hours patrolling to find this handsome tourist. We were exhausted and I was on the verge of giving up. I told my friend that we were done for today, perhaps, we might have our luck tomorrow. Just when we were about to get back we saw a huge crowd rushing towards the water and we heard roars. The 'Ooh's and Ahh's" were so fierce that gave a celebrity vibe. We wondered who people were cheering for.

We stood on the beach with squinty eyes as we tried to get a glimpse of the person. Suddenly through the crowds parting we saw the uncanny moment of our lifetime.

Amanda! "What was that?"

Noooo Way!!! It's not what I think it is....said my friend, speculating a little grasping the surroundings.

Out of the huge waves comes a well-built man who resembles Poseidon. Looking at him our jaws dropped. We had our eyes fixed and froze at the same place.

I never in the world had ever seen anyone with a halo behind their head but only in movies. But that day I saw him illuminated by that bright halo which made him look like an angel from Heaven.

He has long blond hair with streaks of brown shade, here and there, which complements perfectly the white pale complexion which reflects the splashing water on his face. How can anyone be this perfect? I thought to myself.

The water slides down his chiseled body like a waterfall. The way he held his hand as he surfed and huh!! Can't forget to mention the perfect landing that he gave- like a race car drifting, but on the sea. He kicked the edge of the surfboard and it flipped right into his hands. All the girls and aunties were secretly wishing to be that surfboard. Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging. It's just written all over their face. 

He took his surfboard and walked in our direction. Time must be running in slow-mo coz if not why is he walking at 0.5 x speeds? Or did my brain malfunction? I don't know. I even started hearing a song playing in the background and oh! The halo behind his back shone brighter and brighter. He led his fingers through his luscious hair and flipped his hair sideways. Then he turned towards our side and our eyes met. 

Then he intentionally threw that Decaprio's corner smile, that's it. I fell flat on my conscious which could never protect me from any future disaster am gonna make in the name of love. Having such intrusive thoughts and that's when I know yeah! 

He is the one...