Chapter 2: Blooming Puppy Love

I don't remember the last time I was so smitten by the looks of a guy. Being the tomboy geek of the group no boy was interested in me nor was I on them. We have always been the type of friends that a family is so we never thought ill of each other. This time it was different. That's what I thought. Not to be sure. But want to be sure because this Blondie is such a hottie that no woman would ever want to lose one's chance.

Hey! Cindy! Are you seeing it? Amanda was shaking the soul out of me in excitement.

And I, I was hopeless. Hopelessly falling for this guy whom I saw just a moment ago this is not the like of me at all. He whooped from head to toe and I stood there hopelessly drooling over. Even flies flew in and out mistaking it for a cave.

Hey Girls! He greeted us with a smile.

Hey! I said nervously. Looking back at Amanda, my eyes cried for help. But she was more pathetic than I was.

The moment I turned back to look at him. I was caught by his intense stare. He looked deep into my eyes. I thought he must have cast a spell. How could one look so deep into someone's eyes? It felt like starred into my soul, peeking into the locked-up emotions that I have been carrying through my life. In the meantime, he also unlocked the door to love which I thought never in this life a person could have.

Having this soliloquy with my sanity I forgot to greet him back and was straight up staring back at him for a minute or so. I stood like that till he dropped the surfboard; put both of his hands on my shoulder shook me...

Are you alright miss? He asked me with such a gentle voice.

I took hold of myself to respond, "Yeah I guess so."

He gave a smile of relief and said," Hi I am Jordan from LA."

Amanda and I greeted back at him and then we chatted for the whole evening, laughing our hearts out and even exchanging our most awkward secrets as if we were long-lost BFF.

The sun set its course, so got up from the chair to leave for home. Jordan woke up after me and offered to walk me home. Since Amanda lived so close to the place we were chatting she said she'll go by herself. As she was leaving she winked at me wishing me luck.

So! Jordan broke the awkward silence that befell as we walked.

Are you free tomorrow?

Huh! I shrieked as I was terrified as it came out of nowhere. Watching me freak out he panicked to have made a mistake.

He started apologizing. It was amusing to see such a handsome guy with a child-like personality. Those few moments felt warm and cozy. I didn't want him to panic and take the wrong idea of me not liking him so I laughed, and he laughed as well. We both laughed as I nodded, 'Yes!' To his invitation.

He asked me out on a date to the beach party.

I, Cindy Lou will never disappoint my first ever date in a lousy dress. So I chose a crinkly, colour-flashing Christmas-themed dress that my grandma bought me last year. I always liked this dress since my grandma told me that this dress reflects my cheering personality so reserved it for the best occasion. My first-ever date is the best occasion so far right?

I went to see him with high hopes for my first date with the handsome guy in the entire town. He bought me flowers and didn't disappoint me with the first look reaction as well. I am quite the talent to choose such a guy ain't I?

He said I looked so beautiful. We went to town first and had the most amazing dinner at one of the restaurants. He even arranged for a musical during our lunch. I fell flat again.

Later that evening we went for a walk by the beach. That day sun-kissed sky was an unpaid actor. The sun turned pinkish by the evening I lit up the sky and the sea painting a dramatic scene pitch perfect for a romantic date. Not to lie, for a first date it was too much coz It lit up the mood right away.

We were walking closer to each other and our hands started to rub against each other. Jordan didn't hesitate to grab my hand sliding his fingers to hold tighter.

It gave me a forest of butterflies but I put on a poker face, determined to restrain my emotion and not to let my guard down. We looked into our eyes then and there sharing sweet little smiles. That evening we didn't talk much but it was overwhelmed with cozy emotions.

Later that night I called Amanda to share my date and I was taken aback. She happens to know everything about our date. Some of the girls who have an eye on my handsome Jordan have been following us throughout the date and updated everyone in the town.

I was furious at first but I don't care what they do. I'm Cindy Lou for a reason. Duh!

It was nearly midnight, and as I was talking to Amanda I suddenly heard a thud sound which came from the locked room upstairs. It was a secret room that no one knew about except my mom. I have been curious about it since my childhood. It was my mom's room and I used to bug my mom to let me inside but she refused every time. I tried to find the key but it's nowhere to be found. She told me something about magic and it was her excuse for not letting me in. but I knew that it was just to zone me off from the room since she refused so hard I forgot about for a while now. But I used to peep inside the room through the keyhole, all I could see was a table and something was on top of it. A huge object was blocking the view. It had been years since I had gone looking for the room. Now that I hear sound coming from that room creeps me off.

Hey Amanda! Let's check what that sound is!...

By saying this I made Amanda be on the line so I can go check what it is. I was scared and curious at the same time. She thinks am brave I don't want her to think am a chicken.

I was the only one awake at home, everyone was sleeping. I went upstairs on tiptoe. I heard the thud again but it was less force than the last time. I took with the wire kit I made to unlock without a key I never knew it would become a helping hand now. I put the wire inside the keyhole I was twisting and turning to open.

Whoosh! The notification popped from my phone. The sudden sound did freak the pie out of me. It was a message from Jordan, he was saying how much he enjoyed the date and looking forward to the next one. I was blushing and so caught up reading Jordan's message that I didn't notice the door opening.

I turned around towards the room; I looked up to see the darkness, a dark ball-like figure bounched right into my face.

It happened so swiftly before I could think of dodging it or covering my face. My phone slipped from my hand as I fell down the stairs and fainted....

Author's note:

I'm so thrilled to meet you guys through this platform. Writing a story was my dream but publishing in Wattpad is beyond a miracle.

As you read the story, hope you are as thrilled as I am. xoxo