Chapter 3: Destiny Finds You

I am convinced that I was dreaming the entire thing. How could all this happen in a fraction of a second? I was talking to my friend a moment ago but now I'm here lying on the ground attacked by some unknown alien force. It is a ghost? Did I infuriate it by trying to open the room on an illegal basis? Or is it because I took an unwanted interest in the room? Or is it because I upset my mom? What else could it be?

Is it an alien? Why was I attacked? Or is it Santa? If it was him where is his sleigh? where did all the reindeer go? I didn't see them. But wait! It's not Christmas day. Huh, my head hit hard on the stairs. It hurts so badly that I can't think straight.

Though my head is crowded with uncountable thoughts, suspicions, and questions; I'm still not conscious enough to open my eyes.

I lay there knocked down unconscious on the stairs upside down. After a few minutes, all the blood rushed to my brain and I woke up from the concussion.

I felt chills on the cheeks, I touched to feel it. It was wet, like water. I was scared yet mustered the courage to slowly open my eyes. I saw glistering blue eyes embedded in fluffy dark matter. And an extended tentacle that was oscillating from left to right.

Does it have poisonous pointy things like scorpions? Is it going to sting me? Oh my gosh! Never in my life had I thought my end would be at the hands of an alien. This is it. Goodbye, Mom, Dad, and Grandpa I love you guuuuuys. I am sorry Amanda I couldn't say goodbye to you but will miss you. To the handsome guy I just met and loved, our love was not meant to be I guess. Though our love is short lived meeting you was the greatest thing that happened to me. Goodbye, my first love.

I was mind-writing my obituary, saying goodbye to all my loved ones. Suddenly something licked on my face. I got licked by an alien! I was sobbing inside but couldn't express it because my body was frozen out of fear. Wait a minute! Is it lethal? I just got licked. Will my flesh thaw? Am I going to die now??

As I was torturing my mind to death I was licked again. And then I heard a Meow!

I never knew how aliens make sound. I never imagined they would sound like a cat. That's an interesting fact to know before dying. The fluff ball came near me and leaned onto my face. That's when I could see the creature. It was a cat indeed. I was paranoid for nothing. Shoosh!

I made a fool of myself for such wild imagination. No wonder! Our family has relished my wild imaginative powers since childhood. I was all into Christmas since then. The horror I was handling was just a little figment of psycho attached to my fancy ecstatic self. Cindy Lou is a Christmas person after all. Now that I made a short horror film from the quick fall I beg to differ. Maybe the hormones hit diff for a teenager I guess. Whatever!

I shook myself back to reality though I took some time to process the situation, I got myself into. I'm fully awake now and ready to resume the quest.

I proceeded to move forward in tiptoe. I felt like someone was following me. It was the cat that almost gave me a heart attack and is now following me through. I don't want to make noise while shooing it away so I let him follow me.

I pushed open the door, let my face emerge through the door, and scanned for any possible threat that might bounce on me.

Ps: My legs haven't stopped dancing (Shaking) I've still not come out of the surprise attack the cat gave me.

It was dark. The room was lit by the moonlight through the open window. The cat must have done that I guess.

As I was reading the room full of objects left behind, I saw a computer. It was not in a good state. Everything was scattered in rumbles as if it had not been used for a very long time. Spider webs covered the entire place and was hard to breathe along the dust particles. A table drawer caught my eye. I tried to open but it was stuck.

(UPS running) the computer turned ON on its own. It was located right behind my back. I shrieked as I turned around. I covered my ears with both hands and closed my eyes. My poor heart is too weak to be attacked twice in a row.

I turned back to see the lit computer screen, running perfectly as if it was new. Blue screen illuminating the entire room, I could get a look at the things around me. The cat must have accidentally pushed the button on, I presume. This can't be happening because the appearance of the computer states that it hasn't been used for a longer period. But how is it working?

I found myself a tiny to sit and look at the computer. Interestingly, I found an unopened notification at the top.

I'm not nosy. I'm just curious okay! So I clicked the notification to see a mail from a person. As the name suggests it's probably a guy.

I read the name, "Marshmallow Man." Sounds pretty weird to me. Like! What man would like to name himself as such, even for a pen name it's peculiar.

But it was intriguing enough for my evil side to probe in. Why not? No one's gonna know. How will they know?

The message reads- "Dear Lolli, I know that you are upset. But I have to do it at some point. I'm not in a position to defy my parents' decision. I will miss you but it has to be done. I'm sorry my dear. You have been my constant support, I will never forget you. – your marshmallow man"

Wait a second! A Pen pal? What in the world is going on here? Who is this guy? Who is he talking to? Lolli who? Why does this discovery rocking my head around? I'm so confused.

I began to search through the previous emails to check because I was determined to find who this person was. Because it sounds more or less like a love letter, from a computer, AT-OUR-HOME. So I have to know.

I ran through DM's to find the word "Perfecto" and my heart sank.

Mom!!!!! 'The Lolli' I read from the message that the person mentions is none other than my mom. Now that's quite a discovery!

My ID self wanted to know more about the situation. Who else wouldn't right? So I sent a reply to that text pretending to be my mom.

Of course! I was not expecting a text back because this was sent 20 years ago. What do I expect? May be the person might have deactivated the account. Because no one has pen pals no. Times have changed, people have changed.

A diary caught my attention so I stood up to read it. There were pictures of my mom in her teens and many pictures I had never seen before. The room is full of mystery. I should keep this intrusion and investigation from Mom. I don't want to be grounded. Besides she might lock away the room. I don't want any trouble, Of course.

Ding! A new notification. WHAT! Did I get a REPLY?

But HOW?

From WHO?

Who do you think it is? Can you guess how things would turn out for Cindy? Leave it in the comment section

Stay tuned to find out.....