Swan Song

Dean was letting Sam go through with the plan because there was no other plan.

We had gotten ahold of a few demons to drain them and have Sam...

Well, you know.

Outside of an abandoned building, Sam, Dean and Castiel walked toward me and dad. Sam and Castiel were carrying gallon jugs of demon blood, putting them in the truck of the Impala.

I looked at Dad. "I still can't get used to you at eye level." Dad smiled sarcastically. Dean walked closer. I looked at Dean. "So, was I right?"

"As always, Yoda," Dean answered. "Two stunt demons inside, just like you said."

"Did you get it?" I asked.

"Yeah, all the 'go juice' Sammy can drink," Dean answered.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Not really," Dean answered. He looked at Dad. "What do you got?"

"Not much," Dad answered. "These look like omens to you?" He handed me a newspaper. "Cyclone in Florida, temperature drop in Detroit, wildfires in LA."

"Wait," Dean told us. "What about Detroit?"

I read from the newspaper. "Temp's dropped about 20 degrees, but only in a five-block radius of downtown Motown."

"That's the one," Dean told us. "Devil's Detroit."

"Really?" Dad asked. "As far as foreboding goes, it's a little light in the loafers. You sure?"

"Yeah," Dean answered. "I'm sure."

~~~~

After dark, Dean, Sam and Castiel led the way down the road in the Impala. Dad and I followed my car.

In Detroit, in an alley, I looked through binoculars at a building in which a man was standing in the window with black eyes. I walked toward Sam, Dean, Dad and Castiel. "Demons. At least two dozen of them." I looked at Dean. "You were right. Something's up."

"More than something," Dean told us. "He's here. I know it."

Dean walked toward the trunk of the Impala.

Sam looked at Dad and me.

"I'll see you around, kid," Dad told him.

"See you around," Sam told him.

Sam and Dad hugged.

"He gets in, you fight him tooth and nail," Dad told him. "You understand? Keep swinging. Don't give an inch."

"Yes, sir," Sam told him. He looked at me. "You remember what we talked about?"

I looked toward Dean. "Yeah, I remember." I looked at Sam. "But I didn't promise you  anything."

"Yeah, but Dean did," Sam told me. I looked toward Dean again, this time in surprise. Dean noticed. I looked at Sam. "Just... You already promised your dad to get out. Just promise me... you'll help Dean stay out, too."

I nodded barely. "I promise, Sam. I'll be there."

Sam and I hugged.

I sniffled, pulling away.

Sam looked at Castiel. "Take care of these guys, okay?" Sam asked.

"That's not possible," Castiel told him.

"Then humor me," Sam told him.

"Oh," Castiel said. "I was supposed to lie. Uh... sure. They'll be fine."