Let us leave the Puddle.

.

   We don't want to be in a puddle put us back in the pond, or a lake, we'd even take the sea, no matter how dangerous. Even if we might regret it, even if we might get hurt. Let us be free, let us have friends other than the ones in just this puddle. Competition, opposing forces, the want to be better than our peers, the want to be cooler or more capable than our peers.
If we are stuck in the same puddle with the same stagnant water, because we have the same water, no matter how much the puddle is refilled. The same fishes all have the same progress of progression, no matter the difference in age.

   The oldest fish that now lives in the same puddle as the other younger ones once knew what it was like to swim with other fishes, once knew what the pond and the lake were like. But, the same person who now refills the fishes puddle is the same person who took the oldest fish from the ponds and lakes.

   The second fish that now lives in the same puddle as the other ones once knew what the lake was like, once knew how it felt to interact with fishes other than the ones in just this puddle. But, the same person who took the oldest fish from the ponds and lakes, is the same person who stole away the second fish from the lakes to live in the puddle.

   The third fish that now lives in the same puddle as the other fishes once knew what the pond was like, once knew what it was like to play with other fishes in the pond. But, the same person who stole away the oldest and the second fishes, so to did the person steal away the third fish, the second youngest of those who lived in the pond, to live in the same stagnant water as the oldest and second fishes.

   The fourth fish, and the youngest of those who live in the puddle, has always lived in the puddle. The fourth fish was born in the puddle, and although this fish knows what the pond and the lake and the sea are, this fish has never gotten the chance to swim, interact, or play with other fishes in the ponds or lakes. The same person that brought the oldest, the second, and the third fishes to the lake, is the same person who brought the fourth fish when it was born.

Thank you for reading...
–The oldest fish.