Chapter Seven

**Trigger Warning - Abuse, Nightmares, PTSD, SA, Restraint, Knives and Blood. If these things trigger you please read with caution, it is all in Bucky's POV at the end, so if you would just like to skip over that part to the last couple of lines, Which I have marked with *** please do. Please keep yourselves safe besties! ** Here. We. Go **

New York - Bucky's POV

Sam and I had settled on the couch, he'd found some basketball game to watch. I was only half paying attention. My mind was whirring about the case Sam had presented earlier, and the Doc...

"You've got steam comin' out your ears" I heard Sam remark, I turned to look at him still not fully paying attention.
"Hum?" I grunted at him, and he nodded towards me.
"Your ears, they got steam comin' out of em. What you thinking so hard about?" Sam chuckled at me.
I licked my lips before answering "Nothing" I snapped my head in a short shake, turning back to the game.
"Umm" Sam hummed, raising his eyebrows, he wasn't about to let this drop "I can hear the cogs whirring, what's going on in that cyborg brain?" He laughed.
"It's computing" I huffed, not looking up from the game.

"What? What's computing?" Sam prodded further, leaning forward to look at me.
I raised one eyebrow as I glanced at him, then shook my head "This case, it's weird. What's the aim of it all?" I sighed out.
"Yeah" Sam's face fell, and he flopped back into the couch "Look man there's no point stressing about it, we've not got enough intel yet" Sam shook his head as he dropped his gaze "Unfortunately we're gonna have to just wait until we have more answers" He looked up with a frustrated smile.

"Umm" I hummed out slowly staring at the TV screen and sighed.
I wished the Doc was here, we could really use her insight in figuring this out.
I glanced down at my phone, then back at the TV.

Sam got up suddenly, waving his empty bottle at me.

"Another, before I have to go?" He asked and I nodded, as he made his way into the kitchen.
I grabbed my phone and quickly tapped out a message, pressing send before Sam could come back, catch me, and give me shit, and before I could talk myself out of it...

Tonsburg - Freyja's POV

Val went to let the others know dinner was ready as I dished the plates out.
Slowly everyone filed into the little kitchen and took a seat.
Val at the head of the table, I sat on her left, Loki to her right, facing me, Thor at the other end and his daughter next to me, on Thor's right.

"Dig in, then" Val looked around the table with her eyebrows raised, as no one had started to eat, and laughed.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket as I went to start eating.
"Sorry" I muttered sheepishly, as I pulled it out to check it wasn't an emergency. I could feel Loki's eyes on me as he ate, and a quick glance confirmed he was smirking at me.
I frowned at him.
Nosy bastard...

"Doctors are always on call" I raised my eyebrows, irritated, at him, then dropped my eyes to look down at the text.

Bucky Barnes:
Hey Doc, just wanted to check you'd landed safely.
How was the flight? And the book? :)

The Doc:
Yes I'm safe Buck, thank you.
The flight was uneventful.
But I loved the book.
See you Wednesday.
Freyja.

Bucky Barnes:

:)

I put my phone back in my pocket after replying to Bucky.