14. Blessing

Today was the day

Today was the day. Not the wedding obviously but a step towards it. a ceremony which will mark our journey together.I got up early morning and went to the gym where surprisingly Abhi was there. what the fuck was he doing here in the gym that too in the morning?

He was running on the treadmill with his AirPods on, wearing grey sweatpants and a black tee. when I went and stood there right in front of him. He gave me a glance and smiled at me to which I raised my eyebrows indicating him to explain this stunt he just pulled. He sighed and just shook his head before telling me to wait for a minute.

I stood there with my hand folded in front of me and once he was done he came down of the treadmill and waved towards me.

"Abhi how the hell are you here in the gym that too in the morning you always workout in the evening ?"

"arre bhai.. aaj aapki engament hain aap kyu tension le rahe ho?"

(today is your engagement why are you worrying about me?)

he said this and was about to continue with his workout when I grabbed his phone and held it as high as I could. he whined as a child and requested me to give him his phone back without trying to reach for it as he knew all his efforts regarding this will be useless.

"ugh bhai, I was working out today in the morning as you know kya pata bhabhi ki koi door ki rishte ki koi sundar been nikal jaye?"

(what if bhabhi's some cousin sister might come who is quite pretty too"

I was definitely taken aback with this but more than that I wanted to laugh at his tactics

"ohh riya ko batao?"

I knew I touched a nerve when I mentioned riya. this guy or rather my brother has a crush on that girl since class 9 but is always too scared to confess to. I mean isn't every child in class nine scared to confess by the fear of being rejected. and more than that when you develop a good friendship with someone and have feelings for them which they might not reciprocate it makes things very very messy. Riya was a very sweet and kind girl and I bet she might like him too.

"bhai nahiiiii main toh mazak kar Raha tha"

he said with wide eyes as if I just asked him to give me his lungs.

"relax Abhi i won't actually do it "

he relaxed and we listened to my playlist which I had connected to the speakers while working out. Once we were done I went to take a long and soothing bath.

I came out of the bathroom to my closet when I saw the perfect suit kurta that Noor had choosen. I dried my hair and first wore my kurta and then styled my hair to make sure its perfect.

I wore my shoes and sprayed the perfume before picking up my phone and calling noor to talk to both of them. Our talk mainly today was about how aadhya hot her dream lehanga and was roaming around with it.

Once she handed the phone to noor i could see the visible nervous line on her face and a red mark on her ear? Before i could point it out she covered it with her hair. I took a mental note to talk about it later . I tried my best to make her feel relaxed about today.

I made my way downstairs to show Abhi and maa.i was making my way towards them when I heard.

"soo beautiful soo elegant just looking like a wow"

I rolled my eyes before responding to him

"soo smelly soo disgusting just looking like abhi"

I went straight to the puja room not before leaving a smirk abhi's way when i slapped him behind his head jokingly and hearing him complaining to maa about it like a small silly boy which he of course is.

There i stood infront of the puja room with ganesha's idol sitting there all decked up. If maa wanted one thing in the house according to her it would be the puja room.

She wanted it perfect and convenient. She made sure that the entire puja room was covered in white marble. A huge balcony attached window to be there with a sink outside to make things easier to wash and maintain.

I went there folded my hand and went on my knees and folded my hand to make a prayer to ganesha.

"Bhagwan give me your blessing as i start a journey of completing that missing puzzle of my life that had me feeling lonely even though i was gathered with thousands of them. Give me the chance  to Keep those two sunshine of my life happy, healthy and safe always . Give me your strength and good luck to spoil them both and be financially and physically fit to fulfil all of their needs. Please bless me ganesha" 

Once i was done i opened my eyes and put my forehead on the white marble that laid beneath me to soak all the blessings and show respect towards him.

I went outside and touched maa's feet while she kept her calming hand on my hair. She is like the god and the best mother i could ask for. After our father's incident she had been the strongest mother and the most supportive one.

"Chalo beta chalte hain"

(Lets leave now)

"Ji maa"

(Yes maa)

I took the puja ka thali from her hand and kept it in mine and made my way to the main gate and opened the door for maa and shut it on abhi's face to only hear him whining . We sat in the car and we made our way to noor's house feeling all kind of mixed emotions possibly that could exist inside me currently .

THANK YOU FOR READING VOTE AND COMMENT <3