Day 2

Day 2

When I woke up next to Maura, I realized that I was probably the happiest girl in the whole world. I haven't done that for so long... Actually, it had never happened before because on the night of the storm I didn't wake up next to Maura. She was in another room - so far, far away. And we weren't even a couple back then. She was just my secret crush. But after that we have never spent the whole night together in a same bed, so we have never woken up next to each other before. It was for the first time, and I liked it so much. The warmth of her body next to me, the comfort of knowing she was there was liberating and comforting. I had a whole six days left to enjoy her, I reminded myself feeling very happy about it.

Maura was still sleeping, and she looked so peaceful and really beautiful even when I couldn't take a look into her gorgeous hazel eyes. I reached out to touch her, and she woke up.

"Good morning," Maura kissed me when she opened her eyes and smiled at me brightly. I could see she was happy too.

"Morning," I mumbled back.

"Should we get up or stay in bed a little longer?"

"Stay in bed. Definitely," I answered and placed a sweet little peck on her lips. I thought she would get the small and subtle hint that I gave her. Of course I wanted to stay in bed with her. The longer, the better. Should she even ask – it goes without saying.

"And what do you want to do today?"

"Sex!" my subconscious yelled at me eagerly, but I tried to suppress it.

"Do you have any plans?" Maura asked, looking at me. "Anything in mind?" she raised her brow.

"Uhm... I don't know."

I bit my lips because I simply couldn't think of anything but sex at that moment. And when Maura was so temptingly close to me, I was always thinking about sex. Can you blame me?! The way she asked if I had anything in mind sounded like a lewd suggestion to me, even though I knew Maura wasn't a type of person who would make any innuendo. She usually takes everything I say so literally.

"I say let's run around the beach."

"Are you insane?" I asked, flabbergasted by her suggestion. Her offer was in a totally opposite direction of what I thought she was thinking about. "It's so early. I am not getting up just to run around the beach like some insane... weirdo."

"Okay, no running," she agreed and I sighed in relief. I didn't intend to get up so early because the bed was so comfy. "Let's just walk then. I need to make my 10,000 steps per day."

"And do you need to do them all in the morning?"

"I have a routine, Jane. Usually, I walk to school, which as you know, is not close to my house. And on the weekends I just go for a long walk. Making 10,000 steps a day is just a minimum."

"Of course. How unthoughtful of me. Normal people just take the subway, even if they live near the place they work in. But that sounds way too crazy for you, hmm?"

"Jane, mock me if you want, but a morning walk on the beach is really healthy. Did you know that walking on the beach can help relieve stress, and the sunshine can help our bodies synthesize vitamin D?"

"Maura, look around. I am waking up next to you in this beautiful, magical place. What stress are you talking about? I am not stressed. Not at all," I underlined, smirking.

Of course, Maura won the argument and I had to get up so early in the morning and walk a few miles with her. At least she agreed to walk instead of run, so that was just a small win. A compromise. Which I did. Just to make her happy. I just couldn't say no to her.