Date

I wrapped a white towel around my body as I got out of the shower. I've been living here for a few days now and I've been trying so hard to avoid Damon. My room was nice and big. It wasn't like your typical small spare room, they literally had like a million other rooms. I tied my wavy brunette hair up in a messy bun and walked over to my wardrobe, taking my clothes out. I heard the door to my room squeak open but didn't turn around.

"Don't worry. I brought your brush back to your room. It on top of your-"

I turned around and gasped in shock as I saw this guy leaning against the doorframe with a smirk on his face. I tried desperately to cover myself up.

"Oh my god." I exclaimed. He still didn't take the grin off his face as he stared at me. "Why are you still here?!"

"Is it bad to enjoy the show?" he asked.

I just gave him a disgusted look. "Who are you?"

"Enzo. And you are?"

"Waiting for you to leave so I can get dressed in privacy."

"Sassy." he commented, his British accent flowing out perfectly.

"Oh you haven't seen the worst of me yet."

He chuckled to himself and walked away as I went to shut my door. I sighed in annoyance, resting my back against it.

.................................................

I walked into the living room to find Damon and Elena on the couch together making me turn around however Elena stopped me.

"You don't have to go." she said. I turned back around to face her.

"I know I don't have to but I want to."

Elena walked over to me, pulling me towards Damon. He stood up too.

"I'm not saying you have to go back to old times and have that father daughter relationship again but you can start by being friends. Or acquaintances, however you want it to go." she suggested.

I looked up at Damon as he shrugged his shoulders.

"We'll start fresh." he agreed.

"What if I don't want to start fresh?"

"You have no choice." Elena argued. "You guys are family and family shouldn't fight." Jeremy then walked into the room. "Isn't that right Jer?"

"Yeah. Sure." he answered. I smiled at him lightly as he mirrored my expression. I don't know what it was but I had a bit of a soft spot for him. Maybe it was the fact that he killed vampires in his past time which I found pretty cool.

"Ok. But I'm only doing this for you. Not him."

"Do my ears deceive me?" a familiar British spoke.

"Enzo." Damon stated.

He walked up to us. "So you're the abandoned girl."

"Wait. You told him about me?"

"It was back when we were cell mates."

"Why he never stopped talking about you. Obsessed I say." Enzo told me.

"I have that affect on people." I smirked causing Jeremy to chuckle at my attitude. I walked away and into the kitchen to grab myself some breakfast, just to notice that Jeremy had followed me. "So you're stalking me now."

"I wouldn't say stalking. Just intently observing." he joked.

I giggled at his words as I grabbed an apple from the side.

"So you're gonna make things work out with your dad-"

"He's not my dad." I interrupted.

"Ok then. With Damon."

"I kind of have to. I'm being forced against my will by your sister."

"Usually when she tells you to do things she ends up being right."

"I'll keep that in mind." I smiled, biting into the fruit.

"Hey, um... do you maybe wanna, um.. maybe do something?" Jeremy stuttered.

"Like a date?" I smirked.

"Uh, yeah..." he replied nervously.

"Then of course."

.................................................

Jeremy and I were sat cross legged in the middle of the woods as the tall trees let in the streaks of light formed by the sun. It was nice and quiet and no one could disturb us.

"And you've been killing ever since?" I asked.

"Yep. That hunters curse changed me."

"But doesn't the feeling of murdering emotionally scar you?"

"The fist time I really killed a vampire was when I was 16. I got a huge kitchen knife a took his head off. I guess it did kind of scar me then but realising that I was protecting my sister helped me. Also, they're already dead so it's like killing a dead person."

"I can make people feel low but I can't kill them. I don't plan on killing either."

"Great date conversation." Jeremy spoke sarcastically.

I laughed with him. "Do you wanna see what I can do?"

"Sure."

I rubbed my hands together. "I'm a little rusty at magic, not being raised by any witches, but I can do the basics."

I slowly lifted my hand up and watched as my fingers guided the leaves on the floor to rise into the air. I laughed, seeing the leaves dancing to the beat of the soft blowing wind. I felt Jeremy's eyes on me causing me to look back at him.

"Pretty, right?"

"Beautiful." he said however I had a feeling he was talking about something else. I just smiled to myself before setting the leaves back down. "You know, you're not as mean as Matt tells you to be."

"Is that the bartender at the Mystic Grill?" I asked.

He nodded in response.

"He just has to ge used to my personality because I'm not gonna change."

"You're different now."

"I'm just feel happy. I don't have many friends or have had many guys want to go on dates with me."

Jeremy furrowed his eyebrows. "I don't know how anyone wouldn't want to be with you. You're beautiful."

"And you're very forward." I said, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"I can't help but say how I feel."

I suddenly heard a rustling sound. "I thought I could hear the sound of desperate lovers."

It was Enzo.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, looking up at him from my sitting down position, as did Jeremy.

"Just felt like going for a wonder. Dug a pit. The usual stuff."

"You're sick."

"I'm a vampire, love. I drain blood then hide the evidence."

"This is why I'm a vampire hunter." Jeremy spoke. "Can you just please leave us alone? We were having a nice time until you came along."

"Oh please. Carry on. I don't want to disturb you on your date."

"Thank you."

Just as Enzo was about to go, he bent down next to my ear and whispered, "You know you can do so much better."

He stood up with a wink then left us.

"What did he say?" Jeremy quizzed.

"Nothing. Just being his stupid usual self."