Turned

Elena's P.O.V.

I stared at Tilly, still in shock as she sat upright on the sofa holding a cup of coffee. Her hands were vigorously shaking as she stared into space. I looked at Enzo who was sitting next to me with a smirk on his face making me frown so I hit him and gave him a look before turning back to Tilly.

"How are you doing?" I asked softly. Her eyes turned to me and I could see how scared she looked. She didn't answer me however just took another sip of her drink. I sighed, standing up along with Enzo and walking into the other room.

"Any reply?" I questioned.

"Damon's on is way."

"Caroline and Bonnie's coming too." I answered.

"What about Jeremy?" Enzo unwillingly asked.

I sighed to myself as I shook my head. "No hope. He thinks I'm messing with him. Stefan's talking him out of it."

He nodded as walked over to the cupboards, taking out a glass whilst I thought. I finally found the courage to ask my question. "Enzo... You knew this would happen, didn't you?"

He looked up at me. "I have no idea what you're talking about." he spoke but I could tell he was lying. He knew something I didn't.

Suddenly I heard the door open then slam shut. I walked back into the room where Tilly was as Damon, Caroline and Bonnie entered too. They all stared at her in shock.

"Tilly?" Damon whispered.

"Oh my god!" Caroline exclaimed with a smile making Tilly immediately flinch. Her smile dropped. We all sat on the sofa opposite her.

"How is this possible?" Bonnie asked.

Damon stared at Tilly, trying to get an expression out of her but she didn't answer.

"What happened?" he asked.

She stayed silent.

"Why isn't she talking?" Caroline whispered in my ear.

"I can hear you, you know." Tilly mumbled, looking up. "I can hear everything... I don't know what's going on..."

We all stared at Tilly, waiting to hear more. "I was lying in the hospital bed and the sheets were over my head. Isn't that what you do to dead people? I'm not dead. If I was dead then I wouldn't be sitting here right now."

I tear silently fell from her eye as she continued to speak. "I can hear things from miles away and everything is so bright. Not to mention that I am really, really hungry. I just can't stop eating but nothing seems to be enough. It's like something's missing."

"You're a vampire." Damon stated. He looked unfazed.

Tilly just shook her head, tears spilling from her eyes. "No I'm not."

"Tilly-"

"I'm not!" she protested. "I'm not dead! I'm only 21!"

"And I was only 24!" Damon exclaimed. He then stood up. "You don't believe me?" He went over to the side and picked up a small knife. "Hold out your hand." he told her.

She stared it him in shock before pulling her hand to her chest. "No." she spoke.

"I wasn't asking." he said before pulling her hand and cutting it. She cried in pain.

"What the hell are you doing?!" she screamed before stopping and staring at her disappearing wound.

"I'm dead." she whispered.

"But you're not 6 feet under. You're still here." Damon reassure, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"There were so many things I wanted to do. I wanted to get married, have children, graduate college, break my leg after a wild night out, have grandchildren. I can't do any of those things now."