Chapter 1

(this book will be in Ryker's Pov unless it says it's in someone else's:))

"Order Up Ryker!" My Uncle calls from behind the kitchen wall.

"working on it " I reply.

the diner is a small but cozy place in Chicago.. we've gotten pretty big around here since we opened. My Uncle ,the cook, has hired me to be the waitress along with my best friend, Jessa Fraker. it's warm during the day but it's nearing evening so it's getting a little chilly. we have about 6 people scattered around either waiting for their meal or eating it.

I grab the meal my Uncle called me for and walk towards a man about 60 or 70, a regular in our diner. "hello sir, a barbeque potato and beans."I say setting it down..

"Yes thank you." he says warily "how are you?" he asks with a warm smile.

"I'm great. just trying to make it without breaking." I smile at him

"Yes. I remember those days, the constant stressing on whether you have enough to pay rent.. or when you'd meet the love of your life or not.." he chuckles.

"Yes sir. I have to get back to work is there anything else you need? maybe some coffee on the house huh?" I smile a genuine smile

"that would be lovely dear" he says right before he starts eating.

I start walking back to the Kitchen to get the coffee and creamer.

ring the bell at the door goes off. I turn to look and I see a HUGE group of people.

"Uncle Tim. we have a big group" I say over my shoulder whilst grabbing the coffee.

"Go and put the tables together I'll take the coffee to Ken." He replies taking the things from my hands.

"okay "I think in my head

"Jessa! come over here and help me right fast please?" I say as I leave the kitchen.

"Kay!" she replies as she heads towards me to head to the group.

"Hi welcome to Tim's All Around Diner, we serve everything you could think of!" I smile at them over my shoulder as Jessa and I put the tables together.. I realize some of them seem familiar but I can't put my finger on it.

I hear some tired hello' s here and there.. they must be tired, I wonder why?

"take your seats?" I say, "thanks Jessa"

"no problem chick." she seems nervous the way her voice squeaks and shakes with her words. like she's trying to remain calm and collected.

I look closer to the group to find why Jessa is acting like this.

Oh.
oh.
ohh

that makes sense...

that's the cast and crew of Insurgent..

Shailene, Miles, Ansel, Neil, Rob, Zoë, and other crew members.. wait where's Theo?

" is t-this everyone?" I ask

"actually we are waiting for someone.. he should be here soon though. but I think I know what he wants.." Shailene says looking around the table.

"okay shoot" I smile making eye contact as I pull out the note pad.

"I'm sure he wants tea, warm probably.. and I'll have some as well" she replies as she looks outside for a brief moment.

Miles starts laughing "No shit Shai he's only from London I'm sure he does like tea." and everyone starts laughing.