chapter 6

beep

beep

beep

I wake with a massive headache and the slight beeping of the machine next to me. I take a look at my surroundings, I literally was just here like 20-30minutes ago when I came to get Ryker. wait. Ryker. where is she?

I start to have problems breathing and hit the nurse button, about 3 minutes go by and she comes in.

"Hey Mr.James, I'm Skylar and I'm your nurse. is everything okay?" she asks looking at the monitor which is showing my heart rate speeding.

"I- I- can't b-bre-breathe." I say choking a little.

she rushes over and grabs my hand. I'm alarmed at first as she brings it to her chest, over her heart.

"can you feel my heart?my chest moving up and down again when I breathe? try and copy the movement and slow your heart" she says then takes deep breaths.

I match her breaths fairly easy, and my heart rate slows and I begin to calm down.

"so besides that," she says as she puts my hand back,"what else." she smiles. she's cute, wide and alert dark blue eyes, Brown hair, and she's young for a nurse, but nothing can beat Ryker.

"oh uhm the Girl in the car with me when I crashed? do you know where she is?" I look up to meet Skylars eyes, which holds a grave look.

"oh my god I thought someone had told you already! I just got on shift back from vacation! the girl, Ryker, had a heart attack just before the collision. they don't know what caused the heart attack, but they know she suffered none from the accident." she looks at me with sad eyes but a hard expression.

Ryker is gone. I. I'm. before I know it im breaking down in tears.

Skylar comes over to me and rubs my back, ready incase She needs to do the breathing thing again.

"I'm okay," I take a breath,"sorry for uh breaking down like that. can you call my friends perhaps?"

"sure, what's their numbers?"

I give her Miles and Shai' s numbers and she goes to call.

«««»»»

when Shai and Miles get here,  they both hug me

"oh my god Theo I'm so so sorry" Shai says pushing my brown curls back.

"stop I don't need your comfort." I snap. she steps back immediately, obviously hurt by that.

"Theo man you shouldn't talk like that she's trying to make you feel-" I cut miles off ,

"no I called y'all so I had someone here not to have comfort."

"Listen Theodore, you and I both know you are being a complete ass. you need to stop or I'm calling my counselor friend so you can have some help. you are leaving tonight and we are taking you home and if you don't fix your damn attitude I will have her stay and fix you. where is the loving caring Theo James I know? " shai states.

"would you shut up and let me be depressed?" I snap right back.

I think that got her to her breaking point, she pulls her phone out and dials a number while walking out.

"Listen man, I know you are still nice and shit but I know that you're having a hard time with this and you don't want to break down. We are your friends, best friends at that, and we shouldn't be the punching bags in the situation. Hey, if you think about it, maybe it's an act of God. like maybe she wasn't the one, maybe God had to fix it before you really got caught up in it. Who knows he probably has this figured out man, he may be  already sending your true love. or sent her already, I want you to think about that." he finishes right as Shai comes in with Skylar.

"this is Skylar she's a nurse here, apparently yours, and a therapist, she's staying at your house for a while." Shai says smiling.

oh. this should be fun.

"okay we better get going. keep thinking on that thing I told you Okay?" Miles says patting my shoulder.

"okay. bye" I say as they walk out.

Skylar turns to me,"she talked me into this. not my fault but you should get rest Theo, and we can get to know each other for the next few days." she pats my leg,which I didn't notice, has a cast on it. she gives me the remote and talks me through the tv works, and she turns and walks out turning off the light and shutting my door.

____________________

so I haven't updated for a while. hello! lol  so I was like, "they have lived on that cliff long enough" so I helped you back up! get it? okay. well if you read this A/n comment "that British booty though" right here! much lurve MUaH!

this is going to be a long stay at the hospital.