chapter three

"Fine," I mumbled and followed him as he lead me to my first period history class. He flung open the door and a few girls widened their eyes at the sight of Shawn and me walking in together. I could feel my face flush red as I grabbed my schedule from Shawn and sat down in an empty seat wordlessly. He followed me and plopped down in the chair behind me. I groaned as Shawn stretched out his long legs next to my chair. Classes flew by in a bore, and unfortunately Shawn was in a ton of my classes. By the time lunch rolled around, I was sick of this school already. No one talked to me except Shawn, but he was the last person I wanted trailing behind me like a puppy dog.

"Hey! I'm Laur, you must be new here," a girl's voice piped up from behind me in the lunch line. I turned around and smiled gratefully. She was a pretty girl, with long brown hair and wide eyes. I envied her beauty.

"Yeah, I'm Jenny," I introduced myself.

"I recognize you from English class," Laur said. I studied her face a little, but I didn't remember her being in my class.

"Uh, yeah!" I lied, feeling color rise up to my cheeks. Laur didn't seem to notice and we got our lunches. I stood in the lunchroom awkwardly, not sure where to sit.

"You can come join me and my friends," Laur said, assuring me.

"Thank you so much," I smiled at her again and she led me to a table in the center of the lunchroom. A few boys and girls were sitting there.

"Guys this is Jenny, she just moved here from-"

"Florida," I finished Laur's statement and smiled politely at everyone sitting at the table. They all introduced themselves. Mel, Steph, and Heather were the three other girls sitting at the table and Ian and Lyall were the grinning boys who kept checking me out. For some strange reason, I found myself scanning the cafeteria to see if Shawn was anywhere in sight, but when I found myself doing so, I stopped.

"Anyways, Florida? That's so cool!" Steph gushed.

"It's a pretty awesome place, I'll have to admit," I agreed with her. Everyone laughed and I began to feel comfortable around these people. Lunch and the rest of the school day rolled by, and when I got home I was feeling slightly more satisfied with how my first day went. After my parents bombarded my siblings and me with questions at dinner, I went out to the front porch and sat down to get some fresh air. I shouldn't have been surprised to see Shawn step out of his house with his longboard. I considered heading back inside the house, but that would be rude and the way I acted today was already cruel enough.

"Jenny!" Shawn called from across the street. I heard him running towards me and I ducked my head. "Hey babe." He sat down next to me on the porch.

"What the hell?" The words flew out of my mouth before I could stop myself. He chuckled quietly to himself.

"I called you babe because, I mean, you're pretty hot. I bet you're an even better kisser," He looked at me with a smirk and flames began to heat up in my cheeks.

"Is this your way of trying to get me to kiss you?" I scoffed and started to stand up to leave, but Shawn's hand grabbed my arm and pulled me down.

"I wouldn't mind if we started making out right now," Shawn whispered. His eyes bore into mine so intensely, that for a moment I forgot that this was the annoying dick from the first day I moved here. His warm brown eyes traveled as he studied my face and his mouth was slightly open that I could feel his hot breath on my face. I felt my eyes drop to his lips for a brief second, but I turned away as fast as humanly possible. What was I doing?

"Why are you so obsessed with me?" I finally asked, pushing him away from me. Shawn barely moved an inch, but he backed off a little.

"I'm not obsessed. I'm curious. I'd like to learn more about you so this weekend, I'll come pick you up at eight at night. You're different than any other girl I've met," Shawn replied smoothly. He had a slight smile on his face and his words made my cheeks heat up.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes and headed back into the house even though my palms were sweating and my thoughts were jumbled.

***

im going to be uploading twice a week since i have three days of school left so i will be able to post a lot more! follow my twitter (electrifymendes) for any updates on my story!! -jasmin