Chapter 04

I missed him

I missed him.

I missed his voice, his violin, his music, his presence.

But most of all, I just missed...him.

He was always a quiet one, but yet again, I found myself thinking about him...

...And thinking about the song that he wrote.

I sunk further into my pillows. There was no way he actually wrote that for me, right? Was I getting ahead of myself? But the lyrics sounded familiar to what had transpired on the day we first met each other.

It was early morning and I hadn't got any sleep. I had lost my appetite and sleep when the fact that violin boy could possibly like me was ingrained in my brain.

Did I like him?

I don't know!

But I was lying to myself. Even though we hadn't talked much with each other, we had still spent our evenings together with me singing to the accompaniment of his violin. I had looked forward to meeting him every day.

Now that he was gone, there was a hole gaping at my heart, reaching out for him, bleeding for him.

And those blue butterflies...were his eyes as bright as the blue on the wings of those butterflies?

Different thoughts and questions ran in my mind, so I started cleaning and dusting my room in order to distract myself.

It has been a long time since I went outside to my balcony. 

I wondered if my plants were as dead as my heart.

The dust unsettles the air as I open the doors to the balcony with a cough. I stepped out and let the breeze pelt my face. I greedily inhaled the fresh air as I hadn't opened my windows to the world outside in weeks.

True enough, my plants were on the verge of dying, so I brought back a bottle of water to nourish them.

I should truly get some work done. There was no point in wallowing over someone you might never see again.

I swiped my fingers over my ear when I felt a fly grazing my ear while I watered my plants. When it happened again, I started to slap the air impatiently.

Tsk, were there flies around or was I just feeling the wind?

I curiously looked above me with crossed eyes, only to feel the wind knocked out of my body as the bottle slipped through my fingers.

B-Butterflies?

The familiar vibrant blue butterflies were humming around my head, making my head swirl in a frenzy. As seconds passed by, more and more butterflies gathered around me, sending me into a fit of panic.

"Woah, woah. What is all this?"

I jerked back in surprise at the voice I heard from somewhere below me. I whipped my head back at the fluttering butterflies registering the familiar voice in my brain.