Chapter 9: Theodore

Ten Years Ago:

“Class, good morning.”

Our International Business management lecturer wished us in the top of her lungs. I still kept my head low, placing all my concentration on the mock test paper on my desk. I had two days to solve them and submit, but the thing is, ironically I don’t have time in my hands.
Several part times, college, cleaning and cooking at home, eats up my time. The little time I get after doing all above mentioned chores, I use it for studying purpose. I need to get put of my condition. I need to skip this dirty life. And only my studies can pull me out of this swamp.

“This is the new transfer student, Winter.”

What a unique name. Listening to her name, that was the first thing that clicked in my mind.

“Winter, introduce yourself to the class.”

“Hello everyone, this is Winter Anderson.”

As soon as her voice hit my ear, something stirred deep in me. Such a sweet, mellifluous voice; as smooth as velvet, like some musical chorus hitting the right notes. Leaving the mock test sheets, my eyes looked up where a beautiful doll was standing, the centre of all attention.
And I kept looking at her. Contemplated. I tried to drift my eyes off, of her. But I was ineffectual in achieving so.

“Due to some unavoidable reasons, I have shifted here, in Austin.”

Same as her voice, she, Winter was also perfect. In every aspect. Her long legs, her petite body, blond waist length pony, her perfect, ocean deep blue eyes holding secrets close to her heart, her porcelain smooth vanilla, silky skin and her perfect features.
Every other detail was capable enough to pull me more towards her. She was enough to hold me around her, like Sun’s gravity keeps Earth in orbit.

“Class do help her with academics.”

I am always there to help her. She is like budding spring to my freezing days. I fell for everything she has. And I fell really, really hard.
But can I afford any romantic and emotional drama in my life? Will my career, my future will be able to handle my dilly-dally?
But at the same time, can I let her go now?
A voice whispered in my ears, ‘No.’

“Winter, please have your seat.”

Our lecturer smiled at her, suggesting to take a seat. She scanned the class to find an empty seat. And there were only two.
First, by the two boys visibly looking like some playboys high on drugs.
And other is by me.

As she scanned for an empty seat, her eyes landed on me. As I was staring at her, not able to tear my look from her. But as soon as our eyes met, a jolt of electric shock ran through me and I took my eyes off her lean, beautiful self.

Seconds later, I felt someone occupying the empty seat beside me. And that was Winter. It felt some what unusual. I scrutinized my shoes, jeans, teas and jacket. And it all felt unworthy of sitting next to her. Next to Winter, a perfect princess out of Disney world.

In general, I never felt any problem with concentrating in the lectures, but today Lord help me. My mind was wavering a little more than necessary. Every single time, lady ensconcing by my side would stir, and her vanilla perfume would disperse in the surrounding air, pulling my head out of lecture at my front. By the end of lecture, I felt myself drowning in the sea of her sweet fragrance.

Without sharing a word, I almost ran out of the hall. I don’t wish to be associated with such a spell caster. Who might turn me to ashes. Leaving behind my future needs, the unwavering focus of mine. And she, she is the biggest distraction I have ever come around.
In fact, I should not harbour such feeling for such a doll like girl. She must be having lines of boys waiting out of her balcony. She must be dating someone.
But even thought of her dating, got my blood to boil.
I walked in cafeteria, to have my regular breakfast. Basically, I was waiting for Serena to come. She is in stage of life, where she needs a friend, a listener, a sibling like person.
And I am everything to her.

Her father is ready to marry her off at such a young age, to some mafia kind of person. Where else she wishes to continue her study for medicine.
Her father can never understand, what she really wishes for.

Sitting on one of the table in cafeteria, I indulged myself in the study materials of lecture that held this morning. Where I was present physically. My mind was elsewhere.
I felt someone dragging chair placed opposite to me.

“Hey Serena! You are...”

I discontinued in the middle of my sentence. When I looked up, I found Winter standing, holding the post of chair.

“Actually, Serena will be here in a minute or two. She told me to sit here.”

Her melodious voice hit my ear for the second time in a day.

“Yeah. No problem, please.”

I indicated her to take the seat, while I buried myself one more time in the dense forest of words.
I don’t know, what have she done to me. This is the second time when she is somewhere near me, and I am again losing my control. I read the same line for the hundredth time, without perceiving even a word out of it.

‘Where are you Serena? Is this how you repay your friend? By trapping them up?’

“You are already revising what we were taught today?”

I looked at her.
‘Is she talking to me?
Who else? Is there anyone else, you Dumbo?’

While she waited for me to answer, two conflicting voices in my head were having there own debate.
I closed my eyes and tightly clenched my fingers in form of fist. When I opened my eyes, she had a totally different look on her face. As if I am doing strange stuffs. She must be thinking how weird I am.

She started to laugh. I don’t know, what she found so funny.

“You are so adorable.”

My breathing hitched, listening a praise from her. But before I can react, a heard a roar of laugh. And when I focused my sight behind Winter, I found Serena laughing, holding her stomach.

“He is adorable?”

She tried to quieten down her laugh. But is seemed near to impossible.
Coming close to me, she pinched my cheeks, that have already turned tomato red and warm.

“What have you done cute bunny?”

I glared at Serena, but another blast of laugh emerged from down her throat.

“He is so shy.”

Winter spoke in midst Serena’s laughter therapy. She ceased in her action, and looked back at Winter. And spoke like a proud younger sister, as if winter has just complimented me.

“Yes, his butt is painfully shy, as a teenager.”

I am done with Serena for the day. She will pay back. She is going to pay back for every word came out of her mouth.
I literally threw every other item scattering on the desk, in my beg and was about to leave when Serena asked.

“Where are you going? You had breakfast?”

“I don’t want to eat.”

I glared back at her and resumed my walk.

“I hope we meet again.”

I ceased in my action of exiting the cafeteria. I looked back and found Winter smiling at me. Sweetest one, a beautiful and radiant one. At once, I felt a rush of adrenaline within me and my blood pressure dropped.
One thing was for sure, Winter will be reason of my destruction.

Hey my lovely readers,

I wish you all to be fine.
I hope you all liked the update. Please do like, leave your reviews and also give try to my other works Temptation.
P. S. ~ Pic from pintrest.

Thank you,
Your author,,
~Galen_Yana...♡