Chapter 9

Hi again. 

Special thanks to CelesteelaCorydalis and GooseOnTheLoose123, and if you have been supporting me I haven't mentioned you, I'm so sorry! I just can't remember everyone, but if you want to be mentioned, just comment here!

So enjoy the chapter! (I ran out of creativity for this one I hope you don't mind)

(Time setting: Three days since Sophie was accused of being the leak)

Biana was barely alive after her session on Elvin History. Her mentor, Sir Tyson, loved torturing his students, today he made Biana name every Councilor to ever exist! Seriously, who cares about history if there are more important subjects to learn about such as fashion? 

Biana quickly grabbed her lunch, and she headed for her usual table. Everyone was there-except Sophie. 

Thousands of negative emotions Biana couldn't name crushed her heart like rocks. Biana felt shame for not trusting Sophie, disappointment about her loyalty to Sophie, sad that Sophie wasn't here, and there it was... Guilt. 

Yes, Biana knew it was dangerous to have guilt. It could shatter her mind within seconds, consuming her, destroying her and everything she worked for. So she did her best to hide it, and right now all she could do was distract herself. 

She looked around, Marella was poking at her food, Tam was hiding in the shadow somewhere, Linh was trying to start a conversation which no one joined, Maruca (who joined their lunch table recently) was eating her food normally, and Fitz was sitting on the corner by himself. Normally, Keefe would have comforted him or lectured him about not being able to control his anger, or both, but he wasn't here. 

That was the second thing that Biana was worried about. Where was he? Everyone knew about his relationship with his father. Was that the problem? His relationship with Lord Cassius did seemed to have gotten worse recently. 

Biana sighed-there was too much to worry about. Her chest felt too tight and it felt like it might explode if she didn't talk to someone right now. She searched for some company and found Dex, she quickly sat next to him.

Dex looked sad, his periwinkle eyes that were usually filled with mischievousness was now filled with ... Guilt. 

Biana's eyes widened, was he feeling guilt about betraying Sophie?

"Hey, why so sad?" Biana asked, sparking a conversation. 

"You know, I feel bad for Sophie." Dex his words dripping pure regret. 

"Me too, Dex, but you can't let the guilt control you."

Dex looked at her, suprised, "How-How'd you know?"

She smiled for the first time today, "I can tell."

"We seriously need to spend less time together, it's like you memorized my facial expressions!" Dex said, his usual glee resurfacing. 

"You have no idea of what I'm capable of." Biana said feeling her own smile return.

"No, you have no idea of what I'm capable of." Dex teased. 

"Nah, I can just tell from your choice of clothes." Biana pretended to be disgusted. 

"Hey, at least I have proper taste in food!" Dex said pointing to her lunch tray. 

"What's wrong with my taste in food?" She asked frowning. "You're the one who always picks the most disgusting foods to eat!"

Dex was about to come with a comeback, but Marella interrupted him, "She's probably right I feel so sorry for your tongue. "