I. Some Children left Behind

"All right. It's the last day of school." announced Mr. Iglesias before, he was interrupted by a loud "WHOOOOOO!!!".

Everyone in the class, stopped to look at Rosa explain, "Oh come on, I can't be the only one.", which was followed by a murmur of agreement. 

Mr. Iglesias shrugged and continued, "We got five minutes to review all of American history." 

Marisol, the class's smartest student and Rosa's best friend, who also worked tons of jobs, summarised, "Wiped out the indigenous people, oppressed the blacks, did some good stuff around World War II, and now the sun is setting on our empire." 

Hesitating whether to continue, Mr. Iglesias just shrugged and sighed, "Yeah, I guess we did cover it all."

"Yeah, and even some stuff that didn't happen." Lorenzo, who is always a bit paranoid, added. "Like... landing on the moon. Come on!"

Mr. Iglesias just replied, "I really gotta get you off Reddit, Lorenzo." and continued as he walked towards the window, "All right, I see everybody gazing, looking out the window, ready to go full Braveheart on everyone." He pulled the string that lifted the shades, and shouted in a thick Scottish accent, "They might take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!"

The whole class burst into laughter, as Mr. Iglesias apologized for scaring Ms. Thompson. He let the blinds down and walked to his desk telling the class, "That's not going to end well." 

"Of course, England did take Scotland's freedom, and they've had it for over 700 years. Don't tell Mel Gibson."

"Wait, Mel Gibson, lost?" questioned Mikey, the most oblivious person in the class, as well as not being able to take a hint, he was very soft. 

Mr. Iglesias explained, "Yeah, it was kind of the beginning of a long losing streak for him. All right, bonus points. What did America have that Scotland didn't have, besides men who wear pants?"

Everyone just stared at the shorts-wearing teacher, "This is coming from a guy wearing shorts." acknowledged Mr. Iglesias.

"Hey," Rosa commented, "At least you're aware."