III. Full Hearts, Clear Backpacks

"All right, gang, I'd ask how your summer was but since we spent it together, I know it was awesome." Mr. Iglesias sings

"You know, that's a bit of an overstatement, but sure," Rosa commented not enjoying the fact she had to stay at one of the many places she hates over the summer.

"It's like we never left." Mikey states. Lorenzo looks around in a very paranoid state, "Whoa! You know, maybe we never did." Walt puts his under the table taking out the gum he had left there over the summer stating it was still soft as he placed it in his mouth. "And minty!" 

"Walt," he turns his head to look at the Latina behind him, "never do that again," Rosa informs him, giving him a deadly look as he turns his back to the front gulping. "Disgusting," Marisol points out, "Yet, not all surprising." Walt tips his invisible hat to Marisol thanking her as she also tips hers back. 

Mr. Iglesias compliments the class on how great a job they did during summer but it came with, what you could say was a bit of a twist.  "I want our class to represent the school in this year's academic decathlon."

"That's what the honour students do," Mikey told him. The history teacher agreed nodding his head, "Yeah. Well, you could challenge them and beat them. Who's in?" in an attempt in trying to encourage his class. With no one agreeing, a chirping cricket noise played from Grace's laptop.  "Nice one, Grace. I see you downloaded the Heckler app. Look, in all seriousness, you guys, you could do this if you really wanted to."

"Exactly. If we wanted to." Lorenzo tells him. 

"We know you want us to thrive, Mr. Iglesias, but we're happy just getting by." Walt said agreeing. 

"You should put that on a t-shirt, Walt." Mr. Iglesias. 

"Or we could copyright the idea, then sell it to H&M." Rosa suggested," whichever idea gains the most money." Everyone gave her a look of concern, "What? It's a good idea." Even Marisol, who usually went along with the history teacher's attempts to help the class reach its full potential, was also reluctant to try and compete in the decathlon stating it was a rich kid thing and in the exact words, "They have tutors. Their tutors have tutors. They live in two-story Tudors, with two car garages and get this, two parents. What?"