Chapter 3: No Rest for the Weary

After being left to her own devices for the remainder of the day due to her Master's busy schedule, Briony decided that she should probably head back to their shared quarters. 

She figured that an incredibly productive way to spend her time would be to continue watching her favorite Holodrama. 

Fairly recently, she had been given a brand kriffing new fancy Holoprojector for her bedroom by the 327th Star Corp.  The clones had all chipped in to buy the birthday present for the unassuming Padawan.  They even went so far as to decorate the Holoprojector with yellow accents to match their battalion's armor.  Briony most definitely shed some tears at the gracious gesture.  They were so much more than great soldiers... They were amazing men and friends, all of whom viewed their teenage commander like a sister.

Once her decision on how to spend the rest of her day was made, Briony began the walk back to her quarters.

This solitary moment only lasted a mere minute or so before her younger best friend bounced into her field of vision.

"Bri!" Ahsoka waved with a grin as bright as Tatooine's two suns.

Briony didn't bother to contain her own smile as Master Skywalker's skillful, dual lightsaber wielding Padawan approached her.

"Ahsoka!" she exclaimed as her eyes lit up.  Her uneasy thoughts were undoubtably still there, but she didn't want her friend so notice.  She desperately hoped that the clever Togruta wouldn't be able to figure out her ruse to mask her feelings. 

"I was hoping I'd spot you," Ahsoka crossed her arms as she shifted onto her left leg.  "A new smoothie bar recently opened not too far away from the Temple.  Padmé took me there just last week."

"Senator Amidala and you... went to get smoothies together out of the blue?" Briony shot her a questioning glare.

"Erm..." Ahsoka rubbed her neck and scrunched her face up a little.  "From what I've gathered over my time as Anakin's Padawan, the two are, uh, good... friends."

Briony had her suspicions of the Chosen One and the Senator of Naboo, but never dared to bring them up.

There was a minuscule silence before Ahsoka continued her idea and diverted topics.

"Anywaysss," Ahsoka wrapped her arm around Briony's shoulders and began to slowly stroll in a random direction, desperately attempting to switch up subjects.  "I've been meaning to go back there ever since.  Care to join me right now?"

"Sure!" Secura's Padawan agreed as she stopped the mindless walking.

"You're going to love it!" Ahsoka playfully nudged Briony's bicep with her elbow.

"My Master told me to take it easy for the rest of the day though," Briony revealed.

Ahsoka looked at her with a questioning look.

"Mission tomorrow morning," Briony explained.

"Ahh," Ahsoka nodded.  "A quick smoothie run shouldn't take too much out of ya!"

"Fair point," Briony justified with a slight nod of her head.

The pair of friends started walking again, this time in the opposite direction and with an actual destination set in place.

Ahsoka led Briony down the stairs of the Jedi Temple.  She kept her arms clasped behind her back as she held her back up tall and proud.  Briony had her arms crossed, pulled into and covering her abdomen.

There was a definite chill in the air once the two stepped outside from the heat regulated Jedi Temple.  The crisp breeze created tiny goosebumps on both girls' skin.