28. Aarnav

"More soup?" I asked.

"No." She said in a low voice.

I got up and started walking towards the door when I heard her say, "Can you wait here until Roshni Or Reena comes?"

I looked at her and nodded my head.

I went slowly towards her and sat on the bed facing her while she was half laying on the bed with the support of pillows on her back.

I had never seen her so weak.

I always tried to make her weak but when she was actually struggling to get out of her bed my heart aches.

I wanted her to get out of the bed and make my life a living hell with all her arguments and taking me down all the time with her sharp mind.

She is in bed since yesterday morning but still seemed weak.

She didn't speak anything and kept staring at a wall, so I cut through in her thoughts and asked,
"How was the soup?"

"You made it?" She asked with soft eyes.

"Yes."

"It was good and tasty and I feel better."

"I will ask someone from the hospital to pay a visit in the evening for your checkup."

"Sure... I have to be fit and fine before Mom comes, if she comes to know I am not okay she will keep worrying about me all day and won't even let me go anywhere for one whole week."

"Isn't that great?" I asked.

"It is great, but it's annoying too sometimes."

"Feel lucky you have a Mom."

"I do appreciate it."

We went silent for another two minutes.

"Do you miss your Mom?" She asked.

"All the time."

"How are you able to live without her? I can never imagine living without my Mom."

"If Choti Maa wouldn't be there it would get very difficult for me."

"But still Mom is Mom."

"Right... I just wonder why my parents?"

"So here is the thing my Mom told me when her Mom died... Imagine you are in a garden and you see a lot of flowers on a tree but you only pluck those flowers that are beautiful. "

"I get what you trying to say."

She placed her hand on mine.

"You are soft at heart, why do you pretend to be so stone hearted?" Aadhya asked.

"Because when you do good, people start expecting good from you and when we fail to do good ,they get hurt so I prefer to be a villain, which forces them to have realistic expectations from me."

"That's not how it works... You actually hurt a lot of people with your behaviour."

"Forget about me... What about you? The 'I am not weak' is invisible today as I can see."

"Because strongest people are the most weakest ones... I thought you would know this better."

As I was about to say something, Reena entered the room.