prologue

Marice ' Pov

Marice my name, not really common a lot of people ask what it means when they meet me for the first time. I always remember smiling bitterly and saying it means  adornment, ornament" in Hebrew. I really didn't like my name it felt like it became my life story.
Being ignored and rejected by people I love,until the season comes when they need me. Then they will hang and show me off for the whole world to see but the saddest thing about decorations is as soon as the season is over they have to be thrown into the storage until they are needed again.

I was walking hand in hand with my father up the aisle towards  someone I thought I'll spend my life with when I realized he wasn't looking at me, his bride instead he was looking at my best friend ,eyes filled with sorrow, regret and the one that broke me the most LOVE. He was looking at her like she was his everything, like the mere thought of her existence overwhelmed him.

I thought the photo I received was wrong, I thought they were planning a surprise or something but I guess I was wrong.

I approached Luke with tears in my eyes, he still wasn't even looking at me. I didn't even have the energy to argue or shout I just threw the flower bouquet and run out of the venue not even looking back once.

That happened a week ago, after I decided to move farther away from everything a place where no one know or care about me. I decided to move to this small town in Tennessee and finally fulfill my dream of opening a bookstore

I knew I'll find peace but the peace I found was a different kind

Verse of the day John 15:17-19

This is My command to you: Love one another. If the world hates you, understand that it hated Me first. If you were of the world, it would love you as its own. Instead, the world hates you, because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.

This verse reminded me of what the main lead was going through and what I once and still sometimes go through too. I hope that if you ever feel unwanted not left out remember this verse I hope you enjoyed the prologue it's not perfect but I'll try to make it better thank you for reading

May God be with you :) ♡♡