Chapter 3:

The Titans outside had finished up their training and began to head inside. They found BB in the kitchen, finishing a bag of chips. "Hey, guys. I started to feel better so I grabbed a snack." Cyborg reached into the pantry.

"Dude, we're out of all the flavors! How many did you eat?"

Beast Boy shrugged and threw away the last empty bag. "I dunno. I was hungry." "That's, like, four full-size bags!"

"So?"

Robin and Raven shared a knowing glance. "'Kay, then. Cyborg and I were going to play basketball on the top of the tower. Feel free to join us."

"I'll be there in a sec,"

Raven, Starfire, Cyborg and Robin left for the roof. Starfire frowned. "I believe now is the time to tell Beast Boy about why he was having the pain." Raven nodded.

"I agree. The hunger wasn't a coincidence, either- he's becoming stronger and then he will go out of control. He won't be thinking; only doing. But if we tell him, he'll be more aware of himself and things might not go so badly."

They heard footsteps, and Beast Boy joined them.

"Errr." Raven shoved Cyborg in front of BB.

"We need to tell you something."

"What?"

Cyborg looked at him anxiously. "We think we know why you were hurting so badly."

"Why?"

Robin stepped forward, toying with his gloves. "It has to do with your DNA. Remember when Dr. Light hit you with the blaster, a couple days ago? It could have jolted your genetic strands into making your powers uncontrollable."

Beast Boy's eyes filled with fear. "What?" he laughed nervously. "But it'll go away, right?"

"Not this time."

"So what's going to happen?"

Raven came around Robin and Cyborg to stand next to Beast Boy.

"You might feel strange. You might become more powerful. You might not be able to stop yourself from doing things."

BB's heart thudded inside his chest. His biggest fear was coming true; he could do things that could hurt the world, and he would have no control.

Early the next morning, Beast Boy woke up with his breath coming in shallow gasps. No... He sprinted out of bed and left the tower, getting as far from his city as possible.