✧9

☃︎❅✧˖°・::。・::・゚.𖥔 ݁ ˖

The back of the coffee shop is warm and cozy. I'm place right near a window where I can see the breathtaking views of the sledding hills. My hot chocolate is curled in my cold hands; it's still not cool enough for me to drink it. Soft classical music blends with the quiet chattering of strangers. I sit alone, patiently waiting for Cole to receive his drink and come over here.

I can't tell if taking Cole sledding was a good idea or not. I mean, I did have lots of fun. Which I had not expected at all really. It's so weird because I when I first meet people, there's that awkward phase, but I don't get that with Cole. He treats me like we've been friends for years and it's kind of strange to me.

"Order for Cole?" The barista shouts out and I watch as Cole takes his drink and thank the worker. He scans the tables to where I am sitting. He smiles when he sees me. The chair across from me scoots away and Cole sits in it.

"They spelt my name with a 'K'," Cole complains when examining his drink. I laugh softly.

"Like the store?" I ask

"Yeah, like the store. I hate Kohls, by the way."

My mouth widens in shock. I've only been to Kohls a few times, but I want to continue this conversation, so I act like I'm offended. "I don't know what happened to you, but I love Kohls," I state.

Cole's mouth slowly widens. My eyebrows scrunch in confusion as he's pulling out his phone. He tilts it towards me. "Say that last part again," He asks. I stare blankly as I try to remember what I just said.

"I love Kohls?"

Cole presses a button on his phone before putting it down. That's when I realized what he was doing. "No! I didn't mean it like that," I argue but Cole shakes his head. He waves his phone is the air. "Too late, I'll have this forever," He teases. Cole then reaches down to grab his hot chocolate. Because of the little joke he just pulled, I'm not going to tell him it's hot. Satisfaction fills me when he jerks back from his hot chocolate.

"Ouch. Why didn't you tell it was hot?" Cole questions.

I shrug. "I guess I was... too late." A sly grin of my own spreads across my face.

☃︎❅✧˖°・::。・::・゚.𖥔 ݁ ˖

"Want to play the ten questions game?" Cole asks randomly in our silence. I'm currently sending out a text to my Mom. His question distracts me from it. I take a moment to sip my drink and then nod my head. "Okay, how do you play?"

"Basically you ask me five questions, and then I'll ask you five questions." He explains. I tell him it sounds good to me. I'll go first.

"Do you have any pets?" I ask him. Immediately, he answers.

"A goldfish. Bubbles is currently being babysat by one of my friends."

I try not to be rude but I laugh anyways. I cover my mouth with my hand to hide it. Cole asks me why I find it so amusing. "Nothing, I just had expected you to own like a random wolf you found in your backyard, that's all." Cole laughs along with me.

"A wolf would be pretty cool. Anyway, my turn." Cole stops to think of a question. "What do you want to be when you're older?"

"A doctor," I answer without hesitation. All my life I wanted to be a doctor.

Cole gives a nod of approval. "Your Mom says you work very hard on your studies, I guess it'll pay off some day. Meanwhile, I'm failing chemistry." I sit back to think of another question for him.

"Favorite color?" It was the first thing that came to my mind.

"Red. Like your hair," Cole says, satisfied with his answer. I roll my eyes. 'It's like you have an obsession with my hair," I tell him. He's made lots of comments about my hair.

"What do you want for Christmas?" He asks me.

"World peace."

"Fair enough."

We go back to silence once a take a moment to think of my next question. My hot chocolate is just the right temperature. I don't care if i'm taking forever. This drink is really good.

"Alright. If you had a catch phrase what would it be?" I ask. I truly am curious to know what he'll say. Cole takes a while to ponder an answer. Eventually, he gives me one.

"Down to earth, but still above you," Cole ancswer proudly, "I'll have to make that my socials bio now." My head is in my hands. I did not expect that answer at all.

A voice sounds over the store speaker, "The store is closing soon."

We both turn to hear the announcement. I check my phone and see that it's 6:00. I guess they close up pretty early around here.

I turn back to Cole. "How many questions was that?" I ask. He tells me we have five more.

"Let's just do one final question each, then we should leave." Cole suggests and I agree. I quickly think of another question for him.

"What would you do if you we're te last person on Earth?"

He takes a moment to think again. "Finally get some sleep." So relatable. Before I have time to react he asks me my question.

"Who is your celebrity crush? If you say anything like Harry Styles I will scream. I don't know how girls find him attractive."

"It's like you read my mind," I smile at him and his expression in return is hilarious. I don't actually listen to Harry Styles, let alone find him attractive.

The employees have made it clear that they want us to leave. So I don't bother telling Cole my actual celebrity crush. Maybe it's a good call. He could have used that information against me.

"Thanks for, you know, taking us here," Cole says.

"No problem, good call on the hot chocolates."

☃︎❅✧˖°・::。・::・゚.𖥔 ݁ ˖

Hello there! What did you think about this chapter? What questions would you ask Lily-Rose and Cole?

Rebels Without A ClauseOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara