ACT I

Scene 1: Toy Shop

The light gray sky is full of clouds today, and unsurprisingly begin snowing as soon as the sun is about to go down.

Inside a tiny toyshop, a man was closing a wooden box, tying it with ribbon and made it into a bow on top.

"Mr. Drosselmeyer, you should be heading to the Stahlbaum's place now if you want to be late," A blonde boy with a broom in his hand opened the door to remind the man.

"Oh my, day time definitely pass by in a blink in this season. Also please, just call me Kaito or Uncle Kaito. Mr. Drosselmeyer sounded so...weird," The man chuckled.

"Not while you're still my teacher." The boy said it with a rather cold tone.

"Well, let's say I have finally put an end for our good work for the last two month, and now let's hope its receiver will be happy," The man spoke with a profound smile, showing the box on the table.

"I only helped out with a bit of wood polishing and some coloring, it's mostly your work," The boy remained distanced from him.

Seeing his apprentice's rather stubborn attitude, Kaito cannot help but smile, knowing that he's just a helplessly nervous one.

"Len, you treated it with so much care, I'm sure she can feel it too, don't worry!" Kaito took off his apron, picking up the present from the working table.

Len hesitated to answer him, opened and closed his mouth, trying to find the proper wording into a sentence.

"It's a product of the Drosselmeyer toy shop, there's no doubt to that," He didn't accept the recognition nor deny it. Len still chose to be vague even if he knew the man had just see it right through him.

"I'm just not going to nudge you on this special day. Please close the shop before you go because I have to leave right now. Merry Christmas, Len." Kaito quickly puts on his coat and ran out the shop.

"Merry Christmas, Kaito..."

The street on Christmas Eve felt warmish somehow, the street light were decorated by the city, families stayed inside their house and enjoy big dinner with relatives.

As soon as Kaito waved his free hand towards the night sky, snowflakes began slowly waltzing down to the earth, putting an extra touch to this magical night.

Upon seeing this view, Kaito could not help but smile as he remembers Len's action back at the shop.

"Adolescence, what an interesting period."

———

Scene ll: Stahlbaum Home

Inside the Stahlbaum household, children ran around and play, adults talk with a tiny glass wine, the house was full of laughter until it gets interrupted by the sound of door bell.

Mr. Stahlbaum went to answer the door, soon came back with another man that brought tiny mountain of gifts behind him.

"Kaito! You're finally here!"

A voice spoke with joy, then a golden figure popped out of nowhere, proceed to give Kaito a big hug.

"Merry Christmas, Rin. I'm happy to see you too."

"Rin, at least call him uncle Kaito, have some respect for your godfather." Mrs. Stahlbaum gently reminded her.

"It's fine, I like it. Feels like I'm closer to her unlike a certain somebody."

"Ooh, are you talking about your new apprentice" Rin's eyes light up a little.

"Are those present for us?" Rinto, Rin's younger brother, also popped out behind her.