Chapter 5

April 19

4:22am

Today was the day you had planned to meet up with Shoko for a leisurely stroll along the beach. There was something magical about the beach-the soothing sound of the waves crashing against the shore, the feeling of the sand between your toes-it was the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Plus, it was the ideal spot to light up and enjoy a smoke with your friend.

Wrapped in the crisp morning air,you slipped on a cozy blazer over your white t-shirt and paired it with comfortable jeans and shoes. Despite the chilly breeze, anticipation warmed your spirit as you prepared for your beach stroll with Shoko.

With the sun yet to grace the sky with its presence, you embraced the cloak of darkness, slipping out of the house under the veil of dawn. Each step carefully calculated, you navigated the silent halls,

Your phone buzzed with a message from Shoko:

"Am waiting at the bus station, don't be late. I also brought the boys-they begged, sorry."

As you read her words, your heart skipped a beat at the thought of Geto. Your cheeks flushed with embarrassment, knowing exactly why. He was the epitome of coolness and charm, with his easygoing demeanor and captivating smile. Every encounter with him left you feeling a strange mix of admiration and butterflies in your stomach. And the idea of talking to Gojo about your feelings had crossed your mind; perhaps it was time to let go of the "hatred" between you two, especially since you were part of the same friend group. It felt like waving the white flag of peace.

As you stepped out of your house, the crisp morning air greeted you, making your way down the quiet streets, the faint glow of dawn casting long shadows across the pavement. Each footfall echoed in the stillness, a rhythmic cadence that matched the beat of your racing heart.

As you approached the bus station, Shoko's figure came into view, her hand waving eagerly in the morning light. You returned the gesture with a wave of your own, your heart fluttering with anticipation. As you drew nearer, the sleepy faces of Geto and the other boy came into focus, their presence adding to the excitement of the moment.

"Good morning," you greeted them warmly, embracing Shoko in a quick hug before exchanging a fist bump with Geto. However, when you turned to face Gojo, his response was notably different. He offered only a curt "Morning" before turning his attention back to Geto, effectively dismissing you without a second glance.

Amidst the chatter of your friends, Geto and Gojo fell into their usual banter, their dynamic adding to the energy of the moment. While Shoko seemed to be running on pure adrenaline, fueled by a sleepless night of gaming, you felt surprisingly refreshed after a solid night's sleep.

The sound of the waves grew louder as you neared the beach, and without a second thought, you broke into a run, Shoko hot on your heels. Laughter bubbled up between you as you stumbled and nearly fell, Shoko's amusement only spurring you on further.

Suddenly, the scene was interrupted by Geto's urgent shouts, and you turned to see Gojo speeding away on a stolen bike.

As you reached the beach, the first light of dawn was beginning to paint the sky in shades of pink and orange. The cold breeze coming off the water brushed against your face, sending a shiver down your spine, but it was invigorating rather than uncomfortable.

Beside you, Gojo's laughter echoed against the crashing waves, contagious in its sheer joy. It was a sound you hadn't heard from him before, and it filled you with a warmth that matched the rising sun. Despite the early hour and the chilly air, you couldn't help but join in, laughter bubbling up from deep within you.

That's when you took of your shoes and went near the seashore to feel the cold water hit your feet.

As you dipped your toes into the cold water, relishing the sensation, you beckoned Shoko to join you with a playful giggle. "Ah this feels amazing Shoko, come try it." The icy touch of the waves sent a shiver up your spine, but it was refreshing in the early morning air.

With a mischievous grin, you scooped up some water in your hands, fully intending to splash your friend. But as you turned to unleash your watery attack, you realized it wasn't Shoko standing there, but Gojo Satoru himself. Before you could stop yourself, you had already splashed him right in the face.

His chuckle was unexpected, and you found yourself apologizing profusely, cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

"Its okay." Gojo said, as he joined you by the shore, his presence brought a sense of calm to the moment. Both of you stood there, barefoot, allowing the cool waves to wash over your feet.

"Where is Shoko and Geto did they leave?" you asked as you turned to look at him. "Oh,uh Shoko forgot to bring cigarettes so they went to find a store opened at this hour."

You nodded, his gaze shifted towards the horizon for a moment before returning to you. "Yeah, I guess they really needed those cigarettes," he chuckled.

"You know I was wrong to judge you like that and I guess I have to apologize." You were taken aback by his unexpected apology.

"It's okay," you replied, a genuine smile softening your features. The tension that had flown between you seemed to extinguish with his apology.

"Thanks for saying that," you added, the corners of your lips twitching upwards in a grateful smile. It was a small gesture, but it meant a lot coming from him.

As the realization sunk in, he ceased to be just another face in the crowd; he became Gojo Satoru, your friend. A fleeting moment passed as your gazes met.

However, the tranquility of the moment was shattered by the sound of Shoko's voice calling your name. With a jolt, you tore your gaze away from Gojo, reluctantly breaking the eye contact. Hastily, you rose and walked towards her where you were greeted by a pack of cigarettes flying towards you.