☆ prologue ☆

Plunging the knife into the man's stomach, her black hair fell onto her face, covering her eyes. She twisted it until the gurgling noises came to an end. Huffing, Suki tried to free her vision, before pulling the blade out of the human's body.

And there he lay. On the ground like a painting, the blood slowly but surely oozing out of the wound. Suki watched from above how her masterpiece formed. With each drop of blood, the art became more and more meaningful, it became deeper and much prettier.

At least to Suki.

Most people would have either vomited from the smell, already, or would have watched the scene with disgust and guilt, but Suki didn't feel any of it.

Actually, Suki couldn't feel anything.

She was incapable of showing emotions or even sensing them. Her fellow classmates always used to talk about how they were so in love with a boy or girl, and they would always speak highly of them, but Suki just found that pathetic. She never loved anyone. Not even her parents, who, to be fair, didn't love her either.

The girl didn't love anyone, but herself. Sometimes she didn't even do that.

Often, she had sliced her forearm with a blade and wished she had gotten an important vein and went to sleep, hoping to never wake up the next day.

She really, really, just wished to disappear and cease from existence. But one day, those thoughts came to an and she had only then realized how precious life was. From then on, she saw herself honored to even have the chance to live and do whatever she wanted to.

So, after the consuming thoughts of ending her family name, which she could have achieve by killing her parents, she spent hours on planning the perfect trap. The most twisted way to end one's life.

Suki had put on a smile. She never had done that, but the thought of killing brought upon a certain joy and she failed on masking the smirk like smile. Her hands were intertwined behind her back and were grasping a smooth knife. Its handle was wooden but glazed with a thin layer of protection.

Asuka, Suki's mother, eyed her curiously, her cup of black coffee in her hands while the conversation with her husband ceased to nothing but silence. The fact that they had seen their vengeful daughter ever smile in the years of their lives, had shocked them that they had not realized a knife stabbing into Isamu's throat.

The blade flew with precision into the man's neck and immediately his hands flew up to try to ease the pain, with no success. While Asuka had rushed to Isamu's side, Suki had started giggling like a little child who had seen the funniest thing on the world.

But in truth it was nothing else but the death of her own father. By her own two hands.

Tears streamed down the elder woman's wide eyes as she struggled to breath in between her gut-wrenching sobs.

With intimidating steps towards her mother, Suki knelt next to her, shushing her with a wide grin. Another knife had found her way into her hands. The girl danced it across the woman's cheek softly and caught a tear with the blade.

"It's okay, he did not love you either way", Suki said, her eyes still trained on the blade.

"Wh-What?"

"Come on, mother, as if you were unaware that he cheated on you with your own sister. And now you mourn someone who did not in any way deserve mourning. So, either you shut up, or I will have to kill you earlier, then I have indented."

Asuka's expression turned into one of anger.

"I knew I should have killed you before you even came into this world! Yo-You took away my teenage days. Because of you, I never got to be free. Because of you, I had to-"

She couldn't finish her sentence due to the scream she let out.

Her hands flew up to her face, much like Isamu's had, and let out another scream as she felt the knife buried deep in her eye socket.

"I told you to shut the fuck up!"

Suki stood up abruptly her shaking hands running through her messy hair and running around in the room. For a second, she had lost all hope in herself. For a second, she debated on if this was really what she wished to do, if she really could be a murderer.

But she already was.

In cold blood, she had killed her own blood.

So, taking in a deep breath she turned back to her mother, but she already came running at her with the bloody knife which she took out of Isamu's dead body. Suki saw her life flash in front of her eyes but again, in a second, she mustered all her confidence and ducked under her mother's arms, before chuckling like a menace.

"Some courage you have there, mother."

"Don't you dare call me mother. I wish I could return into the past and gut you when I could have. I knew you would be a failure the day I knew I was pregnant. If you believe me or not, I saw you. In my dreams I saw you and knew you would just bring harm to all of us, even to yourself", she gritted out, her expression painful.

Asuka held the knife so tightly in her hands that her knuckles turned white, and her face burned red from anger, pain and exhaustion.

Not fazed from her mother's words, Suki walked closer to her once again.

"It's time you return to your beloved husband, dear mother", with that Suki grabbed into her waistband, took out her fathers revolver and aimed it at her mother.

"Rest well."

A gun shot could be heard before the woman collapsed to the ground, the bullet now a part of her once brain.

✩༺☆༻✩

authors note...

...soo this is the first chapter of heartless and this kind of sums up suki's backstory. also could yall give me a surname for her. That would be so nice honestly. I hope yall liked this prologue even though it had nothing to do with aib, yet.

Z

Z ☆