★ 001 ★

Suki had been in the borderlands for a few weeks already and she loved her life

Suki had been in the borderlands for a few weeks already and she loved her life. A world in which murder went unpunished was the most ideal and fun thing ever. In the games she had played, she always saw people with a certain wristband and knew for a fact that there had to be a club or something in that sort.

But she made no move to ever find it.

Suki loved her freedom.

And she loved the fact that nobody ever approached her as soon as they saw the look in the woman's eyes. A bloodthirsty look. One full of anger and wish to harm.

Nobody but the young girl with whom she was stuck in the waiting room of the new game. She had on a school uniform and wore a friendly smile on her lips. A girl too naïve for this world.

"Excuse me", the schoolgirl said politely but Suki didn't even give her a chance to speak as she gave her a look, which made the girl feel small under her gaze.

Gulping, she continued: "I think we should team up in this game. It is a clubs game after all, is it not? I deeply believe together we could win this."

The game was simple. You had to ask your partner some questions and if the majority of them were answered correctly, you were going into the next round, until only two people were left.

Suki looked around the room, trying to find another partner, but with no success. Sighing through her nose, she nodded once. At least she looked clever.

"Great! I'm Haruka, it's a pleasure to meet you!", the young girl exclaimed happily.

Suki only rolled her eyes and ignored Haruka's outstretched hand.

Suddenly, the two doors opened and inside were five tables, each of them having two chairs. The phone's screen flashed a bright white which read the number '3', so she sat down on the chair with the named number on it and waited.

A few seconds later, Haruka sat down in front of her.

"The player with the even number will firstly ask the question. In total, there are 5 questions which must be answered in 3 minutes, otherwise they will get disqualified", the automatic voice said after all players sat down on their places.

Haruka's smile had vanished during time and her expression was now turning into one of worry.

"Okay, this sounds easy enough, doesn't it?", she tried to lighten the atmosphere with no success. Again, Suki just nodded.

Taking the cards, which were sitting on the table, into her hands, she examined the first one.

"Your 3 minutes begin now"

"First question, which country has the longest coastline in the world?"

"Canada"

"Wow that was quic- "

"We don't have much time so what is the next question?", Suki asked getting angry but not at all showing it.

"Right, what should you not drink with medicines?"

After Suki answered all the questions right, it was Hakura's turn to answer.

"In which year did the titanic sink?"

"I-I don't know!"

Any normal human would have encouraged them to keep thinking, but not Suki. Instead, she leaned back in her chair, the corners of her lips slightly turning uprights and her eyes darkening.

"Wait, it sank in 1911"

With that, the laser bore right through her skull and blood-spattered all over Suki's face. By then Suki couldn't hold back the smirk as she felt the hot, thick liquid run down her cheek.

She finished her game, then stood up and walked out of the newly opened door. The woman quickly made her way to the two clubs card and stored it in her pocket.

"I actually need that card", a voice said behind her making her freeze in her motions.

"Sad, because you won't get it", Suki said shrugging and walking away unfazed.

A hand gripped her shoulders firmly.

"I said I need that card, sweetling", a man with a gun said, aiming it straight in her back.

A devilish smile crossed her lips.

"I heard that. And I said no, sweetling", Suki said, turning around.

Trying her best to sound sweet and innocent, she looked at him a certain way.

Her eyes then, for a split second, glanced at the familiar wristband and then to the several piercings on his face.

Suki grabbed the knife from her boot, catching the man in a moment of distraction, stabbing it right in his cheek and taking it back out. She kicked him in his sweet place and firmly took the man's gun from his hand, before quickly running away.

After she was sure she had gained distance from him, she slowed down and entered a building, which turned out to be a grocery store. Quickly she hid in a room at the back of the store and caught her breath.

Suki really, really wished to shoot someone with the stolen gun. After further examination of the weapon, she concluded, that she probably couldn't take it everywhere with her due to its weight, but she wanted to, nevertheless.

So, after more minutes of calming down and snacking something, she went out again, the heavy machine gun hanging from her neck. Of course, she had also taken her earned game cards with her. They were far too precious for her to even think of leaving without them. Suki also did not forget about her beloved cigarettes.

She had an unhealthy relationship with them, but at least it was stronger than any relationship she had with a human being. Since a young age the woman absolutely loved nicotine in any form. And now, while trying to ease her want for blood, was the perfect time to smoke one.

Just as she was making herself comfortable on the small balcony and her hands went into her pocket, trying to find a cigarette in it, did she hear the clicking of a gun.

Immediately, Suki cocked her gun as well and turned around in a matter of seconds, catching the person behind her, off guard. The woman quickly shot into their leg and licked her lips.

"Now who do we have here."

✩༺☆༻✩

authors note...

...first chapter is out!! I actually did not like this chapter very much but yhh. I hope to improve Suki's character a little in the following chapters and maybe add another oc who could either be a girl love interest or a sarcastic boy friend but that would probably only happen if she were to join the beach which I haven't decided on yet too.

Z